Stobart Training and Advice

Hi All,

Been a good few years since I been on here as I had to change my career choices just after passing my class 2.

Just been browsing around this evening and now I am starting look for jobs in the haulage industry once again. Slight problem I have is that I not touched my Class 2 since I left the test centre. Is there anywhere online where I can check to see what is outstanding on my CPC or if anything has expired?

I have spotted Stobart now offer HGV Class 1 training, Has anyone completed? I could be tempted as I see they are hiring in a few places around me (Based in Chester area) and they guarantee an interview once you passed. So was looking for some feedback if anyone has any.

As you could say i’m new to this because I have been out of the loop so long.

Thanks
DJ

Hi mate. you can check your cpc here gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours … but if it’s your first time using it, they will need to send you a code in the post before you can log in and do the check, can take a few days.

Do yourself a favour mate. Punch yourself in the face as hard as possible.

Then times it by 100 and you will have an idea of what working for the green mob is like.

eagerbeaver:
Do yourself a favour mate. Punch yourself in the face as hard as possible.

Then times it by 100 and you will have an idea of what working for the green mob is like.

I can see what you’re saying mate, going by some of the comments on here regarding certain firms but I also find myself in the situation as the OP in not having any recent experience - in my case 20+ years since I drove hgv so I guess it’s down to beggars not being able to be choosers when it comes to company’s you’d rather work for.

I can see myself having to go agency route soon as I’ve applied for a couple of jobs as well as sending out a speculative cv to other truck firms and nothing coming in. I’d have preferred to gain permanent work instead of agency but it is what it is.

Agencies are there to be used mate so crack on. It can be hard to find class 1 work with limited experience (been there myself), but starts ARE available with enough effort.

It also makes a difference where you are in the country. Stobart’s is a good place for 6 months or so to build experience, but that’s about it.

Acquiring your class 1 at stobart doesn’t mean you have to work for them, just pay up, get your licence and head off elsewhere if that’s what you want. Are there any alternatives closer to you for your training?

andy_s:
Hi mate. you can check your cpc here gov.uk/check-your-driver-cp … ning-hours … but if it’s your first time using it, they will need to send you a code in the post before you can log in and do the check, can take a few days.

I tried to view my CPC on here but it kept saying it didn’t recognise my details. Keep meaning to call the DVLA to see if there is an issue with my licence.

I think I can’t see it because my Mod 2 expired.

Just booked it to get it out of the way and then do my show and tell mod 4 before training with Stobart.