Longs of Leeds

Anyone know how Longs of Leeds are doing at the moment? Specifically since last Friday. Facts only and use of “allegedley” may help. I heard a rumour which is probly rubbish, but…

C’mon man spit it oot! :stuck_out_tongue:

jessicas dad will be your man

Based on nothing other than guesswork, I’d say that given that they’ve picked up work from both Pawson and Macfarlane (Pall-Ex from one, Jigsaw from the other) then they’ll probably be OK.

Been running flat out from Hull Docks in the last fortnight when I was there on agency. Was tramping and ended up loading up from all over the spot. In the first week throughout the whole week I reckon I only did about 150 miles empty.

For example a trip I did was Hull docks and deliver in Queensferry, reload at Ellesmere Port, tip at Stratford, reload at Canning Town, deliver at Felling, reload at York, deliver at Leeds, reload at Leeds, tip at Wakefield, back to Hull empty for end of week.

Think they have just bought alot of new gear. maybe wrong.

Conor:
Been running flat out from Hull Docks in the last fortnight when I was there on agency. Was tramping and ended up loading up from all over the spot. In the first week throughout the whole week I reckon I only did about 150 miles empty.

For example a trip I did was Hull docks and deliver in Queensferry, reload at Ellesmere Port, tip at Stratford, reload at Canning Town, deliver at Felling, reload at York, deliver at Leeds, reload at Leeds, tip at Wakefield, back to Hull empty for end of week.

hull drivers always get treated better than the leeds drivers and thats no joke. its due to peter being in charge.

in my opinion mac’s didnt have any decent work except the magazines so longs set the their rates not like mac’s.
any work in leeds longs will proberley pick up but they wont be bothered they have enough already. longs will proberly set on a few of the mac’s drivers but i think they have enough drivers already.

all the 08 reg’s are based in hull the leeds drivers have 07or 57 regs, they will keep them for the next 5 years.

jigsaw is new to them which i dont know much about but pall-ex they have had that for the last 8-9 years so thats no differance to them.

I know they’ve got some crap drivers…nearly got run off the road by one today coming up Cross Green :unamused: and it’s not the 1st time either :open_mouth:

(Not all Longs drivers are crap…I’m sure one of them must be OK :confused: )

Shrek:
I know they’ve got some crap drivers…nearly got run off the road by one today coming up Cross Green :unamused: and it’s not the 1st time either :open_mouth:

(Not all Longs drivers are crap…I’m sure one of them must be OK :confused: )

nope your wrong as usual its all gone downhill since i left.

That’s exactly what I thought Alex…their standards have gone through the floor now you’re out of there.

…once you’ve had the best, it’s difficult to follow it up a similar standard :wink:

For everyone else…Jessica’s Dad has NEVER run me off the road whilst I’m pootling around the estate. Fact.

Shrek:
That’s exactly what I thought Alex…their standards have gone through the floor now you’re out of there.

…once you’ve had the best, it’s difficult to follow it up a similar standard :wink:

For everyone else…Jessica’s Dad has NEVER run me off the road whilst I’m pootling around the estate. Fact.

i can quote that i have been woke up by some nutter in a transporter beep his horn :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

in fact il go to add… longs are a very good family company to work for as long you are prepared to be away from mon to sat if you get home a bonus but be prepared to be away.

it wasnt for me as i like to be home and the money wasnt as much as i expected but to be fair is on par with everybody else.

i really wish i had never left 7 years ago when i was happy there doing all the nights out, but being newly married and looking forwards to being married the wife decided that being away was not her cup of tea.

all in all i wish i had never left as its a cracking firm where you are a name not a number.

chris long is no idiot when its comes to business he really knows what he is doing.

Must have been a chap getting his Leeds hauliers mixed up. There is a thread on the HJ forum about McFarlanes going under and at the end is a coment about Longs.

Silver_Surfer:
Must have been a chap getting his Leeds hauliers mixed up. There is a thread on the HJ forum about McFarlanes going under and at the end is a coment about Longs.

I hope the CM / Truck curse does not spread to these forums. :open_mouth:

If what I’ve seen today is correct,the current rumour about Longs in untrue.

See the Macs thread.

Ken.