Who to work for in west yorkshire

i’m a relatively new class 1 driver (6 months experience) and am moving back to west Yorkshire soon. Has anyone got any ideas, or recomendations of Haulers in the area who may be looking for drivers? And anyone to avoid? Most of them wont take anyone unless they have experience, and that’s sometimes an issue.

Give Longs of Leeds a call.

Paul :smiley:

Thanks. Obviousley I was going to ring round, but just wondering if there was anyone to avoid.

yes, avoid longs of leeds

green456:

For any paticular reason?

Or Macdowalls in Keighley saw a sticker on 1 of their trailers last week asking for drivers.

Daytrunker:
Or Macdowalls in Keighley saw a sticker on 1 of their trailers last week asking for drivers.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

seth 70:

Daytrunker:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What? Lol

No idea what they are like to work for, but viamaster at Whitwood had banner outside few weeks ago advertising for drivers. I believe they take on new lads too?

elmet training:

green456:

I’m not from that part of the world but I’ve seen the pay rates on here and they are poor.

Hence the reason that they are having to recruit inexperienced drivers in the balance a company makes on experience/wages/expected damage.

Judehamish:

elmet training:

green456:

I’m not from that part of the world but I’ve seen the pay rates on here and they are poor.

Hence the reason that they are having to recruit inexperienced drivers in the balance a company makes on experience/wages/expected damage.

I have a few friends who work for them for over 10 years. They have a modern fleet of trucks.

Also fair play to them taking newbies on, they have there own assessor and are inducted for a week before they are sent out on there own.

elmet training:

Judehamish:

elmet training:

green456:

I have a few friends who work for them for over 10 years. They have a modern fleet of trucks.

Also fair play to them taking newbies on, they have there own assessor and are inducted for a week before they are sent out on there own.

I’m not knocking any firm for taking recent passes on, but the fact that they pay poor wages means that they have to go down the “newbie” route to recruit drivers. When you do that you have to expect more damage compared to a company like NFT that pays top money and can pick and choose their drivers. That is their business model.

Daytrunker:

Email sent to them. Lets see what they say!

Peckover in Bradford are wanting guys at £9/ hour plus £20 per week meal allowance on top of overnites. Got an interview on Friday. Any pit falls chaps?

Yes ivecos an monthly pay

Yorkshire Bounder:
Peckover in Bradford are wanting guys at £9/ hour plus £20 per week meal allowance on top of overnites. Got an interview on Friday. Any pit falls chaps?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I say take the job and then report back here in a few weeks. If that doesn’t work out then there’s always Freightroute at Low Moor. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I dont mind Monthly pay really. and he did tell me that on the phone. Ivecos pull a trailer better than I can as well! and they all look new the ones ive seen

i will give it a go and report back.

anyhting else to add?

South elmsall /south kirkby the best area for driving jobs,asda,next,superdrug,londis,great bear,forest freight,coopers tippers,berrymans,the ice co,thats just top of my head :wink:

You must have a big head to store all that Seth [emoji6]

UKmember:
You must have a big head to store all that Seth [emoji6]

All the info is stored under my flat cap shag :slight_smile: