Longs of Leeds

Talk in the yard today that Longs of Leeds have gone bump,
anyone on here know if there`s any truth in this or is it just talk?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

good one :laughing: that wont happen…

i hope.

they actually do have some good paying contracts. :wink:

jessicas dad:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

good one :laughing: that wont happen…

i hope.

actually they do have some good paying contracts. :wink:

I hope not as well JD,

In the last week 4 local hauliers have packed up around here
thats about 40 drivers now looking for the few jobs that are going around here

I know Longs run motors out of Kronospan in chirk,
my mates dad whos 5 motors will be sold next friday, told me hed heard this from hauliers around the area.

i thought they chirk would be a good payer, i know they have meyers out of widnes again and thats a good payer plus lorries out of meyers in leeds plus all the timber out of hull docks. plus paper from hull as well.

nianiamh:
Talk in the yard today that Longs of Leeds have gone bump,
anyone on here know if there`s any truth in this or is it just talk?

Saw several of their wagons in and around Leeds today. Saw at least 2 heading south in the M1 this afternoon around Sheffield.

Well I was driving for them in Hull on agency this week. They’re just about to get some new motors in and they’re in the middle of having the Hull yard resurfaced so somehow I doubt it.

nianiamh:
In the last week 4 local hauliers have packed up around here
thats about 40 drivers now looking for the few jobs that are going around here.

Is is true Harpers gone M8, seen a couple of their 57- units heading down the M6 on trade plates this week.

Conor:
Well I was driving for them in Hull on agency this week. They’re just about to get some new motors in and they’re in the middle of having the Hull yard resurfaced so somehow I doubt it.

do you have any idea what their hourly rate is yet. :question:

I’ve seen a load of them this week,so I doubt they’ve gone belly up.

If any of you happen to bump into their Italian driver called Lilo,from Leeds,(Pronounced Leelo.) then tell him you know me. :laughing:

Ken.

jessicas dad:

Conor:

do you have any idea what their hourly rate is yet. :question:

No idea as I currently have no intention of working for them but I suspect it’s in the £7.50 area.

A couple of years back, I got passed by their rigid on the A14 near catthorpe… I couldn’t keep up with it… and I was in a 7.5 tonner limited to 70!
I phoned it in to their transport, he claimed it was sold off… it was in their colours all over, including the curtains… This was a few years back though, so they may have sorted it all out.