London routes

Leaving the bottom of the M1 and heading for Vauxhall can i drive down the A5 down park lane and cross Vauxhall bridge? I used to go that way back in the 70s but don’t know now with the new lorry control rules by the way this is at night. cheers

You need to go round the 406 to kew and cross the water there and follow the south cicular to clapham
there is a map of the lorry ban here

Good link, thanks for that

Do you have to have business in London to transit through it?For example if you were heading to Dover of a Saturday night could you go down the NCR and Blackwall etc.?Just for old times sake. :smiley:
Also,is the congestion charge payable on ALL roads within a certain area?

whiplash:
Do you have to have business in London to transit through it?For example if you were heading to Dover of a Saturday night could you go down the NCR and Blackwall etc.?Just for old times sake. :smiley:
Also,is the congestion charge payable on ALL roads within a certain area?

The congestion charge only operates from 7am until 6pm and is only in central London.

Think your ok via Blackwall tunnel if you got the right emission category.

I went though to Vauxhall last night for the first time on my new run via A5, Hyde park corner, Park lane, Marble arch, Grosvenor pl (the back door to buck house) Victoria, and crossed Vauxhall bridge returning the same way via Buckingham palace rd with no problem but will have to wait and see if we get any letters from the authorities regarding their enforcement cameras.

Up until recently, I did a run regularly that took me over Vauxhall bridge and up the A5 to the M1. No restrictions that I’m aware of and never had any problems. It also cuts through the congestion charging zone.

Going round the 406 via Kew to the south circular is another way as long as you’re not over 14’ 9 - low bridge just after the crossing with a warning sign that tells you’re over height at 14’ 9 but you do get under.

MAT:
Up until recently, I did a run regularly that took me over Vauxhall bridge and up the A5 to the M1. No restrictions that I’m aware of and never had any problems. It also cuts through the congestion charging zone.

Going round the 406 via Kew to the south circular is another way as long as you’re not over 14’ 9 - low bridge just after the crossing with a warning sign that tells you’re over height at 14’ 9 but you do get under.

tThanks for that don’t fancy going round Kew more kliks and time want to get done fast as possible paid by the shift not by the hour

thats the way we go to the oval straight down the a5 and as long as you dont turn onto oxford st :grimacing: you are outside the lord mayors back pocket fund.

you can also go anywhere on a saturday night as there is no charge for the weekend

jonboy