London

What roads can be used at night to cross from North of the river to south of the river at night I looked online and can’t seem to find anything

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I’m sure someone will prove me wrong, but, it looks like there’s only 3, North/Saf’ Circular-Kew Bridge, Blackwell Tunnel or Lizzies Bridge/Tunnels/Dartford Crossing on the M25.
London Lorry Control is the site, but it looks like it isn’t working (they want more money from us [emoji57])
PM me your email address & I’ll try to send you a PDF of the map.

hgvcity.com/Lorry_Routes/Lon … Routes.htm

If you have no ‘business’ in London - say you are running from the Midlands to Kent for example, if you get stopped inside the M25 1st question you would likely be asked would be, what are you doing in London? That will put you out-with London Lorry Control ‘rules’ regardless of main roads, Nth / Sth Circular, etc. so expect at the very least a good talking too and the delays that go with it. Worst case, a ticket which you and your employer will have to pay. London Lorry Control fines include a fine to the driver, and also the operator / company. VOSA are known to watch the Woolwich Ferry - it’s free, they are well used to seeing who is looking to pull a fast one. I’m not sure of the exact fine these days, but last I heard it was around £130.00 min. fine for the driver, and min. around £500.00 ish for the company. So good luck explaining that to your boss if it happens.

Motorways are there for a reason, use them.

If you think the M25 during rush hour is bad, try the South Circ. at the same time. At least you will have a tale to tell, and then you will never do it again I assure you.

Good luck by the way.

Londontrucker123:
If you have no ‘business’ in London - say you are running from the Midlands to Kent for example, if you get stopped inside the M25 1st question you would likely be asked would be, what are you doing in London? That will put you out-with London Lorry Control ‘rules’ regardless of main roads, Nth / Sth Circular, etc. so expect at the very least a good talking too and the delays that go with it. Worst case, a ticket which you and your employer will have to pay. London Lorry Control fines include a fine to the driver, and also the operator / company. VOSA are known to watch the Woolwich Ferry - it’s free, they are well used to seeing who is looking to pull a fast one. I’m not sure of the exact fine these days, but last I heard it was around £130.00 min. fine for the driver, and min. around £500.00 ish for the company. So good luck explaining that to your boss if it happens.

Motorways are there for a reason, use them.

If you think the M25 during rush hour is bad, try the South Circ. at the same time. At least you will have a tale to tell, and then you will never do it again I assure you.

Good luck by the way.

I only go in to London if I need to other than that I’d rather stay away from it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes, but in London you can’t, unless of course you like being separated from your wages.

Any why would you or anyone else would want to, you’re not sightseeing, you’re working.

south circular is a [zb] joke, glad i no longer live in that area