Lewisham to m1 northbound?

About 1 or 2 o’clock tomorrow afternoon do I take the direct route over Vauxhall bridge and front the traffic and round the congestion zone and straight up the to the m1 or do I take the wimps :smiley: route go back to the 25 and through the tunnel and probable traffics or could even go over the ferry and face a bit of a wait at the port. (Could pick up some duty free though) :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ll be empty with a 14’9 trailer.

Firstly I take it you’re registered with lbts, which you’ll find means you’d probably have to return to the 25 via the A20. Second, if you were to go over Vauxhall, you can’t go straight up anymore, you have to turn left along the embankment as the road to Hyde park has been changed to a one way against you, forcing you left and over an 18 ton bridge to Victoria. And you don’t have to go around the congestion charge, it finishes at 7pm :wink:

Back over Greenwich common,blackwall,A12 to the north circular M11,M25,M1 and there you have it.

Sorry, scratch the night bit. Thought it said in the morning :blush: I’d use Blackfriars and straight up to the 501 myself, then up the 41

bobbya:
Back over Greenwich common,blackwall,A12 to the north circular M11,M25,M1 and there you have it.

14’9" can’t use the Blackwall

bobbya:

14ft9 blackwall i don’t think so :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

OVLOV JAY:

bobbya:

but he could use ferry and still go that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobbya:

Trailer is too high for Blackwall N/bound.

Woolwich Ferry would be ok though…

blue estate:

OVLOV JAY:

bobbya:

but he could use ferry and still go that route

Yes sorry didn’t see the bit about the trailer height,I would have if I was the driver before anyone comments!

It’s all well and good if a similar thing don’t happen what happened today or it would be just as quick to head out to M25 and go clockwise round to M1

OVLOV JAY:
Firstly I take it you’re registered with lbts, which you’ll find means you’d probably have to return to the 25 via the A20. Second, if you were to go over Vauxhall, you can’t go straight up anymore, you have to turn left along the embankment as the road to Hyde park has been changed to a one way against you, forcing you left and over an 18 ton bridge to Victoria. And you don’t have to go around the congestion charge, it finishes at 7pm :wink:

18t :open_mouth: I’m not in a van :smiley: even though I’m empty and will be less it’s what I’m plated at isn’t it :question:

Yes mate, you can’t go that way anymore, as you’re plated at 38+ ton. Once you go through the lights after the bridge you’re committed, unless you can manage a u turn at that time of day, but good luck with that

Which is the way round that 18T bridge at Victoria? I take it that it only affects you going northbound? If your going south from Hyde park to Vauxhall bridge there is no issue going round Victoria?

OVLOV JAY:

bobbya:

others do,mind you they get stuck or cause other problems cos they cant read signs

So Vauxhall is no longer an option? Because of this one way.

What are the options for arctics over the river northbound, dartford tunnel, ferry and if you can get under the bridge on the south circular then Kew.

Think I’ll do the ferry

red7jase:

What are the options for arctics over the river northbound, dartford tunnel, ferry and if you can get under the bridge on the south circular then Kew.

Think I’ll do the ferry

South circ is a no go with that trailer because there’s a 13’10" bridge at Dulwich. The ferry is the best option if you don’t want to go through the congestion charge, unless you go over Vauxhall, turn left into Grosvernor road, then right onto Chelsea bridge road, over Sloane square and up Sloane street, then right onto Knightsbridge by the mandarin, then you’re at Hyde Park Corner

Rowley010:
Which is the way round that 18T bridge at Victoria? I take it that it only affects you going northbound? If your going south from Hyde park to Vauxhall bridge there is no issue going round Victoria?

South from Hyde park is ok. Vauxhall bridge road used to be 2 way from Bressendon place, now it’s one way south to the back of the station. If you come north, you turn left into bridge place, under the arch and the weak bridge is next to the passport office. You then turn right at the other side of the station to get back to Bressendon place. You have to use Grosvernor road/Chelsea bridge road/Sloane street/Knightsbridge to get to hpc from Vauxhall bridge

OVLOV JAY:

red7jase:

Think I’ll do the ferry

South circ is a no go with that trailer because there’s a 13’10" bridge at Dulwich. The ferry is the best option if you don’t want to go through the congestion charge, unless you go over Vauxhall, turn left into Grosvernor road, then right onto Chelsea bridge road, over Sloane square and up Sloane street, then right onto Knightsbridge by the mandarin, then you’re at Hyde Park Corner

This route not weight limited? I know about the south circular low bridge. Was just saying if you could get under its an option. 2 and a half routes is mad really.
I could also go along grovenor rd to Earl’s Court past olympia and round to north circular.
I think the ferry will be easier and probably less traffic hassle.

Way traffic is in central London with roadworks and your too high for Blackwall id go Woolwich ferry 406 m11 m25 m1
Mind you if the Blackwall isn’t opened by tomorrow morning I’d call in sick

Just checked and Grosvernor Road has a 14’9" bridge. It’s either the ferry or Dartford with that trailer. I’d ask the boss to stump up the congestion charge, Southwark or ideally Blackfriars is going to be the quickest and easiest route. Time your boss pays a fiver for the dart charge he’s going to lose out on diesel avoiding the cc