Log Books

Hiya all after some help im starting a new job in the morning working on tippers hauling cat 3 animal waste products. Im just trying to get a head start on the log book as ive never had any thing to do with them. What hours can i drive and how many days? etc

Cheers Nick.

ROG
FROM HERE
:
Domestic regs on page 24 with weekly record sheet on page 46
UK VOSA REGS
hope it helps

I had a lok at that but its doesnt state the exemptions on the driving hours. Can anyone shed some light on these please.

Cheers Nick.

I’m a litle lost as to what you are asking for …
Are you asking for the EU regulation exemption that puts you onto domestic regs?

Are you asking exactly what driving you can do each day under domestic regs?

Aky31:
I had a lok at that but its doesnt state the exemptions on the driving hours.

The link I put states that you can do 10 hours of driving on domestic regs within 11 hours of duty - duty is driving and work added together - it does not include breaks or rest
There are no statutory breaks when under domestic regs

ROG:
I’m a litle lost as to what you are asking for …
Are you asking for the EU regulation exemption that puts you onto domestic regs?

Are you asking exactly what driving you can do each day under domestic regs?

what driving you can do each day under domestic regs? please Rog sorry its been along day

Aky31:
what driving you can do each day under domestic regs? please Rog sorry its been along day

That’s ok - I’ve editted in that answer into my last post :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thats Spot on thanks :smiley:

one more thing for domestic regs -

you are not allowed to do more than 11 hours duty or 10 hours driving in any day - a day being 24 hours from when you start duty

It’s different from the EU regs where a new period of 24 hours starts at the end of a rest period

ROG:
one more thing for domestic regs -

you are not allowed to do more than 11 hours duty or 10 hours driving in any day - a day being 24 hours from when you start duty

It’s different from the EU regs where a new period of 24 hours starts at the end of a rest period

we run on domestic rules and our tm says we can go over 11 hours duty providing we dont drive over 4 hours on any day,even if we only go over once then were limited to 11hrs,is that right rog or are we ill informed?

eddster1979:
we run on domestic rules and our tm says we can go over 11 hours duty providing we dont drive over 4 hours on any day,even if we only go over once then were limited to 11hrs,is that right rog or are we ill informed?

That is almost correct - on any day in that week

That could present a problem and I don’t know how it works…
Mon tue & wed drive less than 4 hours in each of those days but do 13 hours of duty in each day - then drive more than 4 hours on thu - does that make the previous days illegal ■■? - I don’t know !!

ROG:

eddster1979:

That is almost correct - on any day in that week

That could present a problem and I don’t know how it works…
Mon tue & wed drive less than 4 hours in each of those days but do 13 hours of duty in each day - then drive more than 4 hours on thu - does that make the previous days illegal ■■? - I don’t know !!

that is a good point and ive had to think about this one,i shall ask our tm but iam guessing he would say we couldnt drive over 4hrs on the thurs or rest of wk coz as u say we would be running illegal