LOCAL JOBS FOR LOCAL PEOPLE (updated)

A few of you have had your opinions which is why your on here, but let me say this. I dont really care about firms based in liverpool - southampton - ect ect, what i care about is local firms/owner drivers who are suffering because of these other fims taking all the work and leaving bugger all for the rest of us.
Now some of you are saying that we wont let you suffolk boys drive up to the midlands anymore, and someone said, i wil be standing on M1 and stopping you suffolk boys from using our local motorway. Get a grip lads coz if it was you lot losing out to other firms then you would soon be on here moaning about it!!!

By the way. A very big THANK YOU to commercial motor for putting my last post in there mag, CHEERS GUYS.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

To reinforce this debate the clowns I sub for never give me a decent job on a Friday or a Monday because in their words we have to get the subbies who live uptnorth home, Piggin great init I get a half days work because I dare to live near Felixstowe

Surely this is a wind up…But knowing drivers probably not.

I will be phoning Jewsons in Glasgow tommorow for a job but it might kill me doing ther commute every day but at least a local guy can have my job.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Deepinvet:
Surely this is a wind up…But knowing drivers probably not.

is what a wind up?

little enis:
To reinforce this debate the clowns I sub for never give me a decent job on a Friday or a Monday because in their words we have to get the subbies who live uptnorth home, Piggin great init I get a half days work because I dare to live near Felixstowe

EXACTLY my point little enis, it’s people like you who are losing out!

dont know how you got anything in the cm talking crap like that . please tell me this is a wind up . do you think it is there intention to shaft you or it is just good business sense to do a backload from where they tipped . i have been in the traffic office when they are trying to get a load back and they dont say ahh good theres another load away from the suffolk boys or wherever they have a driver that is empty. if you want to rant at anyone rant at johnny foreigner who comes over hear does not pay vat or income tax road tax or fuel duty to the uk gov and how would you feel if you come to cornwall and run back empty because you couldnt get a back load even if you are on crap rates and it barely covers your diesel bill because multi national co or o/d you will not do it for long .

dirty devil 666:
A few of you have had your opinions which is why your on here, but let me say this. I dont really care about firms based in liverpool - southampton - ect ect, what i care about is local firms/owner drivers who are suffering because of these other fims taking all the work and leaving bugger all for the rest of us.

Dirty Devil 666 - continuing to uphold peoples views that lorry drivers are thick as pigshit.

How does someone as stupid as you manage to get a job? Christ I’ve met some stupid people in my time but you really take the biscuit? Do you think your boss would have you running 200 miles empty if there was a load available near where you tipped? No.

EASY FELLAS!!!

No need to start bein personal. Dirty devil, i appreciate where yr coming from with this and i understand yr point of view, but one question remains in my mind,

DID YOU HOLD THIS POINT OF VIEW WHEN WORK WAS PLENTIFUL??
I would guess not.

And to add another point, when yr pops was running Gibralter, was that local?

Conor:

dirty devil 666:

Dirty Devil 666 - continuing to uphold peoples views that lorry drivers are thick as pigshit.

How does someone as stupid as you manage to get a job? Christ I’ve met some stupid people in my time but you really take the biscuit? Do you think your boss would have you running 200 miles empty if there was a load available near where you tipped? No.

your calling me stupid? thats rich coming from a bloke who lives in yorkshire!

this must be the stupidest topic ever. In business only the strongest survive and the best companies are able to find more back lolads and so make a bigger profit.
The real problem is foreign drivers coming over with 1500 litres of cheap fuel running bent and undercuting british drivers without putting anything back into the economy.

MR VAIN:
EASY FELLAS!!!

No need to start bein personal. Dirty devil, i appreciate where yr coming from with this and i understand yr point of view, but one question remains in my mind,

I would guess not.

And to add another point, when yr pops was running Gibralter, was that local?

well no but, people were & still are missing the point of were i was coming from. but if their gonna start being bell ends about it & calling me stupid then bring it on coz i can throw insults back all night but thats not what i’m on here for,

dirty devil 666:
Now some of you are saying that we wont let you suffolk boys drive up to the midlands anymore, and someone said, i wil be standing on M1 and stopping you suffolk boys from using our local motorway. Get a grip lads coz if it was you lot losing out to other firms then you would soon be on here moaning about it!!!

By the way. A very big THANK YOU to commercial motor for putting my last post in there mag, CHEERS GUYS.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

We’re all in the same boat, and obviously its berthing at Felixstowe !!!

Mr B:
this must be the stupidest topic ever. In business only the strongest survive and the best companies are able to find more back lolads and so make a bigger profit.
The real problem is foreign drivers coming over with 1500 litres of cheap fuel running bent and undercuting british drivers without putting anything back into the economy.

NO you have it all wrong, it’s not the drivers or their companies at fault, they’re just trying to make a living like the rest of us, it’s the ■■■■■■■ Labour Government that the majority of the country voted for in the last general election that is to blame for making us uneconomical in our own country.

Sell the lorries, hang up your HGV & get a job for the local council as an Outreach Co-ordinator for Black Physically Challenged Lesbian Buddhists for 60 grand a year instead.

Vote Labour, things can only get better, yeah right…

one of my mates is going to spalding tonight and reloading from newmarket i hope this is not taking work from you but if it is UNLUCKY !!!

newmercman:

Mr B:

NO you have it all wrong, it’s not the drivers or their companies at fault, they’re just trying to make a living like the rest of us, it’s the [zb] Labour Government that the majority of the country voted for in the last general election that is to blame for making us uneconomical in our own country.

Sell the lorries, hang up your HGV & get a job for the local council as an Outreach Co-ordinator for Black Physically Challenged Lesbian Buddhists for 60 grand a year instead.

Vote Labour, things can only get better, yeah right…

Now your being silly

Why should i take a pay cut :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

i am glad i dont have to run any further north than london it all sounds a bit bitter and twisted the further north you get, i will just keep nicking work from mr gregory thank-you very much and stay down south :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

In fact this thread is a total load of bollox, the practice of getting a return load has existed for almost as long as man has been moving goods from one place to another, so dirty devil 666 i must ask, what’s the weather like on your planet?

dirty devil 666:
your calling me stupid? thats rich coming from a bloke who lives in yorkshire!

Says the man who can’t use capital letters or apostrophes and uses “your” instead of “you’re”. Please feel free to call me it when you can demonstrate the literacy skills of a seven year old. Somehow I expect that day will never come.

MR VAIN:
Dirty devil, i appreciate where yr coming from with this and i understand yr point of view, but one question remains in my mind,
[/quote]
Or when he was picking up a backload, thus denying the locals in that area work?
Somehow I doubt it. The word “hypocrite” springs to mind.