Loads in Scotland for Walking Floors

Does anybody know of regular work for walking floor trailers in Scotland and the North of England? :confused:

rick123:
Does anybody know of regular work for walking floor trailers in Scotland and the North of England? :confused:

i dont know much about these trailers but ive read on here that jb who drives for stobbies used to use his just as a box van trailer.

expensive and heavy box trailer i think!

peterq5422:
expensive and heavy box trailer i think!

like i said dont know much about them but it was what i read on here i think stobbies back loaded them from france with pallets of drinks.

il try and find the thread. :wink:

here it is i assume its on pallets.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26620

Jenkinsons penrith

Aye Jenky is your man ooooop north. He`s a depot in lockerbie and hq in Penrith.
Marky on here works for Jenkinsons. PM him for contact details.
Dents do a lot of floor work to, as do Campbells from scotland.

peterq5422:
expensive and heavy box trailer i think![/quote

17 ton with a volvo fh xl.
Very versatile though being able to load bulk out and pallets back. Try that with a tipper! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jenkinsons is your best bet for work up that end of the country should be plenty of woodchips ect. oh and by the way if you see a stobart floor they are all run by jenkinsons. you could try Alan morris they run a lot out of liverpool area but if you want to do paper reels you have to have a magic eye system fittted.
they might be a little bit heavier as someone said but if you get somewhere and they wont tip you just open the doors and start the floor its fun how quick you get a fork lift there lol

Yeah, I was speaking to a driver fron ADT @ Warrington who runs return loads out of Edinburgh and he was showing me the magic eye system. Apparantly if you don’t have this the mills won’t load you as due to an incident where a paper reel came of the back and rolled of down a street taking out 2 cars. He had a brand new FH and a new knapen trailer. He rekons it cost 44 k new.for the trailer alone. Expensive business!

Thanks for the advice folks. Top site. First time I used it was this week.

Cheers :laughing:

peteandbrenda:
jenkinsons is your best bet for work up that end of the country should be plenty of woodchips ect. oh and by the way if you see a stobart floor they are all run by jenkinsons. you could try Alan morris they run a lot out of liverpool area but if you want to do paper reels you have to have a magic eye system fittted.
they might be a little bit heavier as someone said but if you get somewhere and they wont tip you just open the doors and start the floor its fun how quick you get a fork lift there lol

Stobarts floors arent ALL run by jenkys pete. There`s 15 doing european run from stobart appleton thorne.
We load regularly from gent with reels for tilbury and the only magic eye i have is in my pants :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

sorry jb i thought they all were, must only be the ones down this way.i know we dont need the magic eye system to load down out of tilbury at the moment but it will only be short lived i think. and yes it was because a polish driver new to floors backed in to a place started the floor and got back into his cab !!!