Walking floors, and return loads

Hi all this is my first post on here but I have been watching the forums with interest for some time. I currently drive for a family firm in Kent and pull a walking floor trailer.
My boss has managed to obtain a contract going from kent to Conwy in north Wales which we have been doing for just over a month, then every so often getting a return load from Liverpool, however the return loads are few and far between. So my question is can anyone point me in the right direction to get some appropriate regular load for the way home?
Thanks

You could try kronospan at chirk, think it’s mostly wood chip in and finished chip board out though. You may be able to get a walking flood trailer with sides that open to take the chip board. Compost may be an option, dunno if they have any of that sort of thing go out of there , you could try just ringing aw jenkinson or stobart biomass for return loads although i don’t know if they sub anything out.

A mate of mine runs walking floors and says trying to get any load that pays a decent sum out of Wales is nigh on impossible! You could try the companies already mentioned as well as Downtons, though don’t expect great rates :open_mouth:

It won’t be long now before the salt job out of Winsford starts to pick up, no idea who you would talk to about it though.

Paul

Guys thanks for the pointers I will get the boss to start calling some of the names. We currently bring slate chippings back from Liverpool. The salt sound good I will have a google see of it brings anything up

Try Clwyd Transport, or Darlingtons for the salt, or try ADT Transport, they seem to have loads of work, but then they have undercut every rate they can, so dont expect mega bucks. :wink: :wink:

repton:
It won’t be long now before the salt job out of Winsford starts to pick up, no idea who you would talk to about it though.

Paul

We used to load bagged salt out of Middlewich and there were a company with walking floors in there, they were a pain in the arse to follow as they were so slow to load.

With a curtainsider, they used 2 forklifts with 2 pallets each, you were running round just to keep up :stuck_out_tongue:

repton:

Paul

you now need an epic card for winsford salt mine, but if you have that then you could try aw jenkinson, w carefoot, hargreaves, bullmans

Tell your boss to call Kemsley Paper mill they have loads back to Kent from most council areas, good thing is with a walking floor you can load bales and loose.

Thanks diff lock I will get him phoning tomorrow!