Stobart Biomass/AW Jenkinson

Ladies/Gentleman,

I have looked through Stobarts website and can’t find what depots the chipliner/Walking floor Biomass trailer side of the business works out off :question:
I have read through some of the previous “AW Jenkinsons” threads and know the main base is Penrith but are there any depots in Scotland worth looking at and are they taking on :question:

Take it all the work is still tramping 5 out of 7 and the pay is still 22% truck earnings+fuel bonus roughly £500 take home and go go go if you keep your arse in gear :question:
I presume you are not left sitting about for hours waiting unpaid for a load too often :question:

Are the pay/conditions one and the same for both Stobart Biomass drivers and the AW Jenkinsons drivers :question:

Sorry for all the questions :exclamation: :wink:

SOME OF STOBARTS WALKING FLOORS USED TO BE BASED AT APPLETON THORN & WIDNES. :smiley:

Jenks have applied for an O licence for Swindon, presume they’ll be taking on in that area soon. Dunno about Scotch, but I doubt it, Be worth driving down to Penrith if your away all week though. Think most of the Stobarts walkers are based at the timber mill there at the mo. Although it says on the Jenks website that they have wood recycling centres in bo’ness, galsgow and aberdeen under the associated companies tab. May have units based there. Just bell them and ask.

Silver_Surfer:
Jenks have applied for an O licence for Swindon, presume they’ll be taking on in that area soon. Dunno about Scotch, but I doubt it, Be worth driving down to Penrith if your away all week though. Think most of the Stobarts walkers are based at the timber mill there at the mo. Although it says on the Jenks website that they have wood recycling centres in bo’ness, galsgow and aberdeen under the associated companies tab. May have units based there. Just bell them and ask.

They are not far from Swindon now, they have ( if they have still got it ) a yard at Babdown near Tetbury.

Stobarts are on wages. We have both firms load in our yard and there seems to be animosity between the two camps

Sure I’ve seen Stobart chipliners parked up at Lockerbie next to Jenkinson at Stevens Croft Biomass plant.

Yeah Stevens Croft I meant not Penrith

at the moment there are chipliners at lockerbie, on the hourly pay deal, as they are stobarts not jenks although the majority is jenkinson work. there is talk of a shift to walking floors at lockerbie, but no details as to pay etc (if it is true!)

tbh im happy on hourly pay, used to be on a similar pay structure to jenkinsons and it makes you just a wincey bit desperate!!

and yes there is animosity between the camps. but its easy to do your job and ignore them all!

happysack:
at the moment there are chipliners at lockerbie, on the hourly pay deal, as they are stobarts not jenks although the majority is jenkinson work. there is talk of a shift to walking floors at lockerbie, but no details as to pay etc (if it is true!)

tbh im happy on hourly pay, used to be on a similar pay structure to jenkinsons and it makes you just a wincey bit desperate!!

and yes there is animosity between the camps. but its easy to do your job and ignore them all!

Happysack,

you have PM. :wink: