Link Logistics @ solihull

Hi all, bit nervous my 1st post onThe Pofessional Forum :open_mouth:

Well I’ve recently passed my C+E :smiley: & have started the process of trying to obtain my 1st Job!!!

Can anybody give me any information Good or Bad on Link Logistics Depot @ Solihull

Many Thanks for your time

Wills

Hi Wills,

That will be FarmFoods then … … … done a little bit of work for them - in fact my first C&E shift was for them.

In the week you tended to get 3-5 drops at stores then collection at Freemans in Walsall - I tended to pick up a lot of the local work rather than distance. The scheduling tended to be way out - which you have to explain to transport on a regular basis. Most of the stores are Ok to get into, case of taking your time and having a good look.

For C&E it is HARD physical work because you have ambient and frozen on board so you will normally have to unload stuff for other stores to get to the frozen at your first few drops. Not so bad if you are full of pallets of crisps - a complete nightmare if you are full of drinks… … obviously getting it off is not too bad, getting it on can be a real struggle.

Most stores are pretty much content to let you do everything and won’t give a hand whatever, although some are better than others - and some of the staff are cuter as well :laughing: … … …

I never had a problem with the guys in the transport office - even after one of the days when I messed up big style (left the tail-lift connected - got half way to my first drop before I realised and found out I had fried it turning to get out of the yard).

I know they will take new passes - so probably good experience, they have also been updating their trailers so there is less stuff to unload and reload. Although because of that part of it I would not rush back to them.

Hope that helps - link for my diary on the first day (See not only you who does them :stuck_out_tongue: )

G

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13268

cheers for that Gazzareth

& your diary was excellent, ended up reading the lot…not quite my 11pg book mind :laughing:

wills

email me stvme2519’msn.com think u got it ill tell u wot i know

cheers mate,

email sent :smiley:

wills

reply sent

Glad you liked it !! Just re-read it myself, seems so long ago…

Let us know how you get on / what u decide to do !!

G

will do Gazzareth, seem to be plenty of opputunities at the moment, just got convince 1 of em to take me on!!!

wills

Hi Wills and well done on the C+E. :smiley: good luck with the job and let us know about your ‘first steps’…Don’t worry you’ll be fine, if in doubt tho …ask.

Thanx shade know i’m gonna be a bag of nerves for a while, have to say all these little tips are of real help keep em coming :laughing:

cheers

wills

wills u get the reply last night m8

stvme2519:
wills u get the reply last night m8

yes stvme2519 :smiley:

cheers for that,phoned them & had an interview today… just have to wait & see now.

wills[/b]

was it cliff who gave u the interview

stvme2519:
was it cliff who gave u the interview

Dont think so, he was a sound bloke tho, about 50 shoulder length grey hair.
And as I said he was very apologetic but they want 3 months experience @ least…seems like they have had a few probs of late.

Thanks for your help stvme2519

wills