Link Logistics

Hi all. Just looking for any information on aforesaid company. Someone I know in passing says he can get me a start at the Warrington depot and it’s good money and easy work etc.
I’m happy where I work but the lure of more money when I have a young family is too much to ignore.
Any help would be appreciated.
Mike.

Farmfoods!!! Deffo not easy work. They do have general haulage which is ok but not as well paid as farmfoods. Nice firm to work for with good planners and managers.

As said, the money is good, think it was around £9.80 or so when I worked there which was around 3 years ago.

The work is not easy, but it’s not hard either, just take your time.

I only lasted 3 days because at interview I told them I some events booked, one of which was the coming Wednesday, do I need to book them off as hols, they said no, let planner know, all will be fine. Reminded planner Tue before I went home, Wed came, reminded again, given route, trailer not ready, saw planner and reminded again, no probs he says, trailer over 1hr late, running well late, final drop should’ve been Chester Le Street at 3pm, but I was running late, so I phoned up and explained I have an event etc, “YOU’LL DO WHAT YOU’RE TOLD” was the response, so I took trailer and final load back to depot and quit job on the spot.

Money isn’t everything, I earn money to pay for things I enjoy, not much point in working to pay for them to then just throw the money away

Thanks chaps. I think I’ll stay put.

MikeCunn:
Thanks chaps. I think I’ll stay put.

All depends if your on shops or general haulage? The shops in my opinion are the toughest in the business and deffo to be avoided don’t care how much the pay is, although the canteen is great and subsidised. General haulage for link would be my choice no problem.

pavaroti:
All depends if your on shops or general haulage? The shops in my opinion are the toughest in the business and deffo to be avoided don’t care how much the pay is

Yeah, it’s delivering to the Farmfoods shops. I’m in a good job where I am, only work 4 days and it’s easy enough.
DBC going into administration isn’t good news though. It’s ■■■■ for all their employees and they’re a customer of ours.