Lgv licence expiry question

I will be 50 years old in July, medical due and new size fitting for my straight jacket similar to Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the lambs .
My question is what happens to the licence if I let it expire, when it runs out, do i have to take the whole test again.
For example two weeks holidays, then renew it on return ?

You can have a few years off then renew your licence if you want to.

There is a member on here who let their medical lapse for well over 10 year then passed a D4 medical which out them all back on his licence again

Nothing else needed

If your licence has not expired yet and you have not had a licence issued to you after october 2012 then change the photo now and get 5 more years LGV entitlement FREE from the date of the new licence issue

For all those who do not agree with missing a medical then there is the FREE alternative of having a NHS health check and often getting a free eye check at an opticians

I went over 10 years with it not being on my licence, didn’t have an issue.

ROG:
There is a member on here who let their medical lapse for well over 10 year then passed a D4 medical which out them all back on his licence again

Nothing else needed

If your licence has not expired yet and you have not had a licence issued to you after october 2012 then change the photo now and get 5 more years LGV entitlement FREE from the date of the new licence issue

For all those who do not agree with missing a medical then there is the FREE alternative of having a NHS health check and often getting a free eye check at an opticians

55 in September so last renewal was September 2012, just did the photo change (using my passport photo from 2010 :unamused: ) online and digi renewal over the phone, both should turn up before expiry dates in April and May respectively, you’re saying that I won’t need a medical in September■■?

I changed my address just before I turned 45 in January last year so the expiry was 2016. The new one came back with an expiry of 2018! Go figure [emoji848]

Vid:

ROG:

Nothing else needed

55 in September so last renewal was September 2012, just did the photo change (using my passport photo from 2010 :unamused: ) online and digi renewal over the phone, both should turn up before expiry dates in April and May respectively, you’re saying that I won’t need a medical in September■■?

it should come back with a March 2022 LGV expiry date

Thank you all for replying .

ROG:

Vid:

ROG:

Nothing else needed

Yes, 25th March 2022, so how will that work out then? Will I have to do a medical in March to get the next 5 years covered? Don’t like things out of sync!

Vid:

ROG:

Vid:

ROG:

Nothing else needed

Yes, 25th March 2022, so how will that work out then? Will I have to do a medical in March to get the next 5 years covered? Don’t like things out of sync!

Next D4 medical due March 2022 if you want to keep it valid but if you want to let it lapse for a while then thats ok because you simply pass a D4 medical when you want it to start again