Lets beat the cynical ones and post whos doing alright

dont want to hear whos been laid off or who has a bad back i want to hear who is enjoying what they do or what they have done recently i had a great christmas and now facing the challenges of the new year with optimism

Well yr optomistic expectin replies!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No real complaints here.

I also had a great christmas, my back is great, I havnt been laid off cos I didnt have a job in the first place. Life is great.

Alright… I was thinking to myself today that I am happy in my job. It was the first time in an awfully long time, that I could actually say that I enjoy my job.

It’s nothing special really - not my ideal HGV job, but it’s palletways work, eighteen ton Iveco which I didn’t like at first but I’ve now got quite used to, not brilliant pay but adequate in this climate. The difference is, I’m working for a company that gives you little hassle, treats you fairly and like a human and for once my managers have a little bit of empthy with our driver woes as they too were drivers once. I tend to be back within my hours and overtime is paid as it should be unlike my last job.

So as long as we get enough work to keep going and I don’t do anything to get myself sacked, I won’t be having to complain about being unemployed. I do sympathise with those who are though…

i"ll admit it,i love my job,it"s my ideal job,i make good money,get home through the week,have a lovely,supportive family,and we are looking forward to going on our hollys this year.i count my blessings on a daily basis,that i am in my current position.
p.s.i had a fab xmas,and even better new year,but my back is killing me.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: just about to tuck into a rather nice “RUBY” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and i been off work since nov 28th :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: and another 3 weeks off :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: broke me foot :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: own a magnum :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: good job my “GREAT WIFE” got good job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: will that do for optimism one and all… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That’s pretty much my general attitude too.

My cat!

She is pretty smart and she’s apporting balls for my girl :slight_smile: Really. I just had a great laugh, she’s did it 7 times a row :slight_smile:

Well Im doing great. I’m in my dream job doing fantastic work in a brilliant truck. We seem to be flat out as well.

Good Christmas & new year thanks. Could have done with a bit more time off though i won’t complain too loudly about that. Family are well. Got a good job, 5 minutes from the house, decent motor and decent pay. Things could be worse.

lets forget
the maxim a problem shared is a problem halved
and just be ignorant of other peoples woes
let them suffer on their own

yes thats a great attitude to have

Come and join our charity and all of the merchants of doom will see that their lives compared with some is not all bad, for instance one of our little guests is getting all excited because this year she is getting new ears, hers were burned off in a fire when she was 9 months old, she is now 9 and has had hundreds of operations just to keep her alive, feel a bit different now?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

In the same sector as Andy Bilton, we to seem to be doing very well.
Had a great xmas and a good New Year.
Just about to go and play Rugby and smash a few dibbles life doesn’t get better :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

matt f:
dont want to hear whos been laid off or who has a bad back i want to hear who is enjoying what they do or what they have done recently i had a great christmas and now facing the challenges of the new year with optimism

OK, I’m alive and not being shot at :slight_smile: - well, until I decide to post on tacho hour issues :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well i was supposed to be off this week.
The boss phoned me last monday and asked me to work because we were so busy.
I had the choice of 3 backloads on tuesday.
I spoke to my mate who subbies to a large firm, he can go night and day if he wants.

Life is great.

2008 was the best year I’ve had since I started!!

put a 2nd truck on the road last summer, driven by my daughter,just about to buy a new truck to replace my Daf

no complaints here :wink:

although whinging and being negative is part of being a driver :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Well , there you are, happy posts.

interesting reading aren’t they?

I’m happy, I’m still in work and we are over the worst, and I think what is happening to house values is fantastic- I’m confident that I will see another £35,000 wiped off of the purchase price of my next house by the end of this year.

I’m happy, works picking up no more 4 day weeks , my motor sailed through its mot yesterday, and had a nice surprise in the post a cheque from the HMRC :slight_smile: this morning

We had a good Xmas New Year, 2 weeks off work. Started back it’s a little slow but we are working and earning. Am grateful for that. Managing to get the bills paid and have a bit left over.
Like Little Enis said, if you think you have got it bad, think about it, there is ALWAYS someone out there worse than you…

One of my mates and his mrs lost their baby on xmas eve!!! And you thought you xmas was crap!!!