Lets beat the cynical ones and post whos doing alright

I had a great christmas, littl’un loved it.

I’ve turned my back on the haulage industry and it seems to be the best decision I have made in a long time.

2009 is looking like being a great year

Works good, life’s good, it’s all good at the moment. If any of it changes for the worst, I’ll do something to make it good again.

little enis:
Come and join our charity and all of the merchants of doom will see that their lives compared with some is not all bad, for instance one of our little guests is getting all excited because this year she is getting new ears, hers were burned off in a fire when she was 9 months old, she is now 9 and has had hundreds of operations just to keep her alive, feel a bit different now?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

me and bricktrotter xl joined via rob from brands hatch,just waiting for the stuff to come through the post,if you’ve ever met us,you certainly wouldn’t forget us…we just laugh our way through life,nowt negative bothers us :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

andy bilton:

little enis:
Come and join our charity and all of the merchants of doom will see that their lives compared with some is not all bad, for instance one of our little guests is getting all excited because this year she is getting new ears, hers were burned off in a fire when she was 9 months old, she is now 9 and has had hundreds of operations just to keep her alive, feel a bit different now?? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

me and bricktrotter xl joined via rob from brands hatch,just waiting for the stuff to come through the post,if you’ve ever met us,you certainly wouldn’t forget us…we just laugh our way through life,nowt negative bothers us :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good stuff Andy if you dont recieve anything from our Charity let me or Rob know and we will get it sorted, our Committee can be a little bit slow.

I have come to hate driving trucks for a living but its a job while I look for the ideal off road job, no hurry I know how difficult that could be… :exclamation: :sunglasses:

things great here i’m in construction delivering bricks blocks slabs or any other concrete products nationwide and i’ve been kept real busy no complaints at all… part from ANDY not inviting me rounnd to share is ruby thanks great mate

oh new love life is real ding dang doo :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Harry Monk said: I’m confident that I will see another £35,000 wiped off of the purchase price of my next house by the end of this year.
[/quote]

You moving closer to work? Duhg will be pleased. Shame about the report he hasn’t produced though. Never let him forget he owes you an answer

BJD aka David Kemper

Sadly I am Dougless at the mo as BT have stopped supporting that particular avenue of pleasure.

well had a nice quite christmas only had 3 days off as we are that busy. managed to get home new years eve then back on the road new years day.
things are looking pretty good for 2009 should be moving into our new pad by the end of the month so that will keep her indoors happy. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

should be getting a new motor in june or july so watch out for southwest truckfest this year i just prey it dont rain again :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

all in all things look pretty peachy for 2009 just hope it all holds up :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ive not posted this before in respect for Biggus but having pondered over it, i dont think hell mind.
I got my ct scan results on tuesday (the 6th)
It was all clear so im now officially in remission from cancer :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Im starting back to work on monday, not as originally planned in my old walking floor Volvo
I`m getting an 07 plate left ■■■■■■ Tga xxl doing european fridge work
After thinking your maybe not going to see the kids grow up
I reckon thats a fairly good reason to be positive and happy.

JB:
Ive not posted this before in respect for Biggus but having pondered over it, i dont think hell mind.
It was all clear so im now officially in remission from cancer :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Im starting back to work on monday, not as originally planned in my old walking floor Volvo

that’s great news :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

well im on on holiday in spain so im starting the year well enough no worries about work here :laughing:

Life is pretty good at moment, i have been working today (run to norwich) and we have had 3/4 of our fleet out today! The fleet is only 4 strong but hey thats not bad! I worked loads over Christmas which i loved and we have been quite busy recently. Some new vehicles should be being bought this year which i cant wait for and come july i will be learing to drive 18 tonners!
I am well looking foward to this year! :laughing:
Brilliant news JB, you looking foward to getting back to work? How long have you been off for?

Been working for a well known food company for a while 2-5 days a week for 18 months via agency.

They have just told me they want me to work direct from the middle of feb which is great news. Good to work for, all day work, no hassle and another £3 per hour!

I have been self-employed for 20 years so it will be a bit of a change and I am fed up with being an unpaid tax collector.

I am one of the happy ones but then, if I wasnt I would change it.

I have had a good xmas i have been back at work for 1.5 weeks now . i have got 1 more week to do then i am on hols for 7.5 weeks. Then onces i go back in i will start geting ready for the summer festivals. (roll on radio 1 big weekend) :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

roadrebel:
Been working for a well known food company for a while 2-5 days a week for 18 months via agency.

They have just told me they want me to work direct from the middle of feb which is great news. Good to work for, all day work, no hassle and another £3 per hour!

I have been self-employed for 20 years so it will be a bit of a change and I am fed up with being an unpaid tax collector.

I am one of the happy ones but then, if I wasnt I would change it.

Brilliant attitude, I’m tempted to knick it, and use it as my signature :wink:

I’m probably doing pretty much ok, decided I didn’t want to give my last CF away, so am doing my 20k nearly every day in it, (The ppm is brilliant, just wish it was 200k, at the same rate :laughing: )
Have got a gritter on for the local council, which with the current weather is quite a good thing to be on.
I’m home every night, and if I do 14 hours spread over it’s a long day, it’s often 8 till 4 :sunglasses:
Surprising thing is, everyone around me thinks it’s hard work :unamused:

Definitely not short of work at the moment but winter’s peak season in animal feeds so no surprises there. Had to work my rest day this week for the first time in ages, no sickies just seriously busy.

I’m off the bulk blowers now, doing bagged feed in a 56 plate FM9 which being ex-Countrywide has every gadget known to man and a few more besides! My regular motor too, much better than cab-hopping every day. Plus I get to handball up to ten tons a day so it saves me a fortune in gym fees! :laughing:

Daughter and grandkids were over for Xmas, first time we’ve spent it together for over 20 years so bloody marvellous; timed the man-flu perfectly as well so I didn’t have to go out and get ratted New Year’s Eve! :wink:

Have to say I am very happy with my work and home life,we can make a good living out of the job and I am home pretty much every night (I’ve had 3 nights out in 3 years :smiley: ) and they leave us alone most of the time.The money is the best basic i’ve ever had and you can make a good wage without killing yourself and living in the cab all the week :sunglasses:

Very happy! Flat out, got an approximate 7 month tour starting in Feb :smiley:

JB:

well done jon things are looking rosey. :wink: