latest trip

ok , here we go …
monday mornng day one:
it is seven am and i am parked at scania in Lingfield with a problem with my lift axle, after a while and with a new valve fitted my lift axle is now lifting so its of to catch the train

we book on the train and get a decent cup of tea and bacon sarney then i queued up waiting for the next train to come.

its off at calais and a flying start down the 26 to reims then troyes where i parked up for the night, at the total just south of troyes.
day two:
im up and coffeed and now on the road by 7 going down the a5 then onto the a31 down to dijon when i get a phone call to divert for my first car. no problem, i then take the a39 down to bourg-en-bresse and towards lyon then split onto the a40 for the blanc, going through the tunnel at nantua it was raining one side and sunny the other side onto the stilts

then we shoot across to the border at geneva

i fly through the french side don the empty lane and parked up, the first job i had to do was to change some money, then drive to the swiss side where i have got to get an id card, no problem there the log book and plating certificate does the job.

then through the swiss side and up the a1 to bern, i hit the bern ring road at rush hour but unexpectedly fly round. then onto the a6 to interlaken where i found a parking area 5km from the garage.
day three:
i nip into interlaken and find a chrysler voyager with no damage that i can see. after a close look the only thing i could come up with was that it had a head on collision with a gnat, i went to the office to find out more. i asked the girl what happened to the car and she said very seriously … it left the road and went onto the grass … MY GOD i said what a horrific way to go , yes she said , i agree , errr ok im leaving now .

its back to geneva with no poblems at the border then onto the a40 towards the blanc then off again and half an hour later i am in a town called thonon les bains where i load a bmw motorbike.

then its back to the a40 again then the 41 to chambery , up the 43 and onto the 48 for grenoble where i end up in a village called biol i parked in the village car park for the night.
day four:
round to the garage first thing and loaded a honda s2000.

a quick nip down the 48 gets me to fontaine on the outskarts of grenoble where i loaded a bmw m6.

which is a seriously nice car. i then took the a49 to valence where i joined the a7 to marsaille then got onto the a8 for nice. after going down some very small roads i arrived at a village called le rouret where i loaded a ferrari 360 and stayed at he garage for the night.

day five:
its a straight drive today back up to lyon then up toward dijon where i park about an hour south of dijon.
day six:
i set off early and met one of our drivers near reims for a coffee he got the short straw and had the trailer on but he had some nice cars on.

after an hour or so i left and got as far as the bp services on the a26 where i stayed for the weekend.
day eight:
an hour and a half drive gets me too a place called le parcq which is near boulogne where i loaded a peugeot 407.

then its acroos to boulogne then up the a16 past calais to dunkerque where i turned right for a small village called saint pierrebrouck. i loaded a volvo p1800 (a bit of a classic).

then a quick drive back to calais sees me heading home.

i get back to the yard at about 7pm. thats it for this trip another one comin soon

Excellent photos and story as ever! Been via the Blanc many times but not for a while now so good to see it all again.

Very good pictures. I look forward to the next diary. :slight_smile:

Very good and interesting, also cheers for betz pic :smiley:

Norman marshall company, how many they got truck fleets ?

Cheers

Interesting post these. It always upset me when I had to collect a repat motorcycle. I was forever wondering what had happened. It didnt bother me with cars or their drivers.

I only worried about picking a repat car up and it being stuffed with drugs or other nasties. Do you make any reservations on the paperwork?

firstly there are 5 of us that do euro work and another 8 that do uk .
i wander what happened to some of them too , sometimes thegarage will tell you what happened , unfortunatley faiir few of the bikes i collect are either serious injury or fatals , not good . this bmw was a minor one , it went over at low speed . as for drugs , its a real grey are and one thats allways in the back of your mind , i have a check sheet for each vehicle so i can list possessions etc and mark off the damage . has it got tax and stereo etc . but i dont check in the spare wheel or fuel tank or other potential hiding places , where do you draw the line … its a difficult one mate

excellent read mad monk. does your boss fancy getting trucks like beamish transport. especally being weekended in a p- cab.

Looks like you clean up after the Cannonball Run!!!

Good read!

TC

You sliped up in the last photo, you forgot to blank out the reg’s

Great read. Thanks.

8 legger:
You sliped up in the last photo, you forgot to blank out the reg’s

Great read. Thanks.

Can you explain the difference between posting a photo of a car on a website or a forum and actually driving it down the road?

When I picked my new motorcycle up. I put a picture on another bike forum I use and it showed the registration.

The comments I got from everyone likened me to a child beater :stuck_out_tongue: .

I just dont see the difference between riding past a bad lads car and posting pics. If I get a speeding fine through the post and know I wasnt out that day, I will argue it in court anyway

That’s a good diary and pictures. Looks like an interesting job.

I’m glad I stumbled across it, I don’t usually look at the Euro forum as I’m solely domestic but will keep eyes open for future diaries.

Another good diary, MM!!!

Reading through a variety of diaries on TNET, I find myself having the urge to do some of the type of jobs I haven’t done before and yours is one of them, along with low-loaders and plant.

and haveing just read your post ,found it again a fantastic read with some nice photos thanks a lot

Most of the recoveries got the traditional clump on the left side.

u picked up some lovely cars there mate