a quick diary

day 1
im all set from friday so first thing monday morning im on my way down for the train , after stopping for brekkie at the snack wagon at the train i went straight through and onto a train without stoping , seems quiet for a monday morning . an hour later im on the 26 heading for reims , after a 45 i finish the day getting to the 1st parking on the a39 south of dijon .
day 2
after a cold night its down to lyon airport and onto the 43 for chambery then splitting off for albertville. a cuppa and sarney and im ready to tackle the last 30 or so km on D roads , its not long before i spot one of my least favourite road signs

followed by the bends

the higher i get the whiter it gets

i get to the ski resort and something tells me im in the wrong part

a bit of shunting and a couple of km later im loading a lexus rx300 with suspension damage

there is no doubt about it , there is some amazing scenery about

its now back the way i came ending up at the services at beaune.
day 3
the a39 and a31 are my choice for the first 4 and a half hours , then its into lux and a stop at the centre douanier for some eurotax . only cash or visa here they dont accept fuel cards . once sorted its onto belgium and the a4 for brussels , another break and i attack the ring at a crawl but i get round to jcn 13 and onto the n8 , 5 mins later i find a petrol station and park in the corner of the forecourt for the night .
day 4
i find the garage in dillbeek within 5 mins and load a stolen recovered nissan xtrail , no keys and locked ( about right)

its a horrible foggy morning as i fight to get back onto the brussels ring

antwerp , breda , utrecht and amsterdam is my route and now im hunting for the police traffic department headquarters .

i find the car , a stolen recovered merc e500 and its unlocked , has it got keys , has it (zb)

its now calais bound but i call it a day at the texaco south of ostende .
day 5
easy one , hour down to calais , over on p+o and back to the yard …

ok lets test you on the latest what car

nice read with great photos
whats happened to the
trips to germany and beyond

hi pete , i wish i knew mate , i havent been to germany for ages , 1st time ive been to holland or belgium for a long time

Perhaps nobody wants to go there anymore due to excessive overbearing regulations? :unamused: :laughing:

Good diary and pics :slight_smile:

Cars:

1 Vauxhall meriva
2 Citroen C6
3 Vauxhall corsa
5 Alfa 147
6 Fiat ulysses
7 Audi ?

nice one mate , thanks for kicking thngs off , i can say that you have 2 right hmmm which 2 though :question: :smiley:

mad monk:
that you have 2 right hmmm which 2 though :question: :smiley:

I think I know which 2 as the others were guesses :laughing: , look forward to the answers though.

great diary!!

I’m gonna say:

1. Chrysler Grand Voyager
  2. ■■?
  3. Vauxhall Corsa
  4. Renault Scenic
  5. Alfa 147
  6. Fiat Ulysses / Peugeot 807 (old shape)
  7. Peugeot 407 SW
  8. ■■?

well done motorway madness .3 correct :wink:

When do we get the answers :question: :slight_smile:

Great read /great pics :slight_smile:

nice dairy mad monk!

i can only recognise a peugeot people carrier (not sure of the model)

is the first car a vauxhall?

Would the last one be a ford focus estate

Excellent diary, enjoyed that. :smiley: