Last day on the cars (for now)

Got back to the yard this afternoon after 2 days parked in Stoke to be told my truck is being decomissioned at the end of the week due to the downturn in work. Was half expecting it really as no company can have trucks parked all over the country with no income. Luckily we are part of a general haulage outfit so on Monday I will be driving a big Scania with room to swing a cat in if I so wish. Getting a microwave tomorrow off one of the lads and have two days to sort my new (03) unit out. The bonus is that if the car market does pick up in the furure, I have first shout to go back, if I want.

See how it goes!!

Sorry to hear that Chris…but glad you’re still in a job mate. Every cloud an’ all that.

Nice big cab Scania though, so thats a bonus. Wont know what to do with all the space!!

Just sent yo a PM

Shrek:
Just sent yo a PM

hey hey :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :smiling_imp:

bowserman:
Got back to the yard this afternoon after 2 days parked in Stoke to be told my truck is being decomissioned at the end of the week due to the downturn in work. Was half expecting it really as no company can have trucks parked all over the country with no income. Luckily we are part of a general haulage outfit so on Monday I will be driving a big Scania with room to swing a cat in if I so wish. Getting a microwave tomorrow off one of the lads and have two days to sort my new (03) unit out. The bonus is that if the car market does pick up in the furure, I have first shout to go back, if I want.

See how it goes!!

Didn’t realise it was that bad on the cars at our place ,welcome to the easy life.

Well at least you’re getting a bigger motor. :slight_smile:

Transporter drivers going onto 4 day week from November!!

Not good at all, but no pay offs.

Try not to bang your head to much :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t think I could do tramping in one of those low roof cabs lol. I can’t stand ANYTHING lying around in sight when I’m driving or it stresses me right out lol I get a bit claustraphobic

Try getting dressed in the morning lying on your bunk to see what its like!! Then putting your fridge, bag of clothes and box of food and wash bowl on the bed after you have made it.
Thats what its like.

bowserman:
Try getting dressed in the morning lying on your bunk to see what its like!! Then putting your fridge, bag of clothes and box of food and wash bowl on the bed after you have made it.
Thats what its like.

…and you had overhead lockers in your FM…there isn’t even that in mine! :frowning: :cry:

Now I have got an overhead bed!!

bowserman:
Now I have got an overhead bed!!

well il keep an eye for you. this is me…

Who backed it in there for you Alex? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Shrek:
Who backed it in there for you Alex? :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i can see where you had a go with the dent below the 1. as much as you try neil you will never get the cars under there. :wink: :smiling_imp:

jessicas dad:
[

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i can see where you had a go with the dent below the 1. as much as you try neil you will never get the cars under there. :wink: :smiling_imp:

Depends how fast you go :wink:

sorry to hear that chris,we are all feeling the bite in the industry at the moment,now one knows who is going to survive this.

On the subject of car transport ive been round Coventry everyday this week, and ECM seem to have a lot parked up in the yard.

bowserman:
Nice big cab Scania though, so thats a bonus. Wont know what to do with all the space!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: you could always take lodgers as theyll be a few loseing there house the markets there :laughing: (been there and had it before anyone jumps on my back and im still here ) :laughing:

loads of transporter companies big and small alike,are parking up,stockpilling vast numbers of trucks,i counted 34 of ours parked up in our yard last week,and my heart goes out to all the drivers who should have been behind their wheels :cry: