Last day at work before xmas?

Who got stitched up today then? I did cos im sat in glasgow for a book in at 9am tomorow morning. been out since sunday, got back to yard this morning, unloaded then to be told im of to scotland 3 drops.

Did 2 drops today went to 3rd one to see if they would unload me, NO CHANCE I WAS TOLD, that was argos at motherwell, oh well fair enough i tried, happy days sat here at lesmahagow truckstop dead has a door nail here.

have a nice xmas everyone and a happy new year :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

killer100:
Who got stitched up today then? I did cos im sat in glasgow for a book in at 9am tomorow morning. been out since sunday, got back to yard this morning, unloaded then to be told im of to scotland 3 drops.

Did 2 drops today went to 3rd one to see if they would unload me, NO CHANCE I WAS TOLD, that was argos at motherwell, oh well fair enough i tried, happy days sat here at lesmahagow truckstop dead has a door nail here.

have a nice xmas everyone and a happy new year :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

What you donā€™t know is that in about 10 mins you will get a phone call -
ā€œCan you return to argos at motherwell and wait till they tip you - might be after xmasā€ - now remember the site rules about swearingā€¦ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

im going back at 6.30am try my luck then lol

no swearing for me its xmas rog :slight_smile:

I finished today but I went to work on Monday prepared to be out 'til Wednesday, itā€™s a normal working day.

I finished work yesterday but I still ended up driving a bus todayā€¦ :wink:
To make matters worse, the driving assesor told me that I would need to do a bit more training 1 to 1 with the driving instructor (obviously if they offer me the job)ā€¦ :blush:

i finished yesterday,should have been friday,but it went a bit busy.i"ve spent all day driving our lass around getting shopping and pressies in.
has anyone who gets picked up by the missus/girlfriend at the end of the week noticed,that they will drive into your depot,then get out of the drivers seat,and jump into the passanger seat?.whats all that about?,have i not got my driving hours in by then or something?. :smiley: :smiley:

finished yesterday too, with my truck being in daf to get the wiring problems sorted out. back in sunday easy tip luxembourg then reloading antwerp for jan 5thā€¦happy christmas to all membersā€¦pete

finish up 2moro night

prob about 9pm from an 8am start

parcel deliveries are gonna be a nightmare 2moro

buck73:
ā€¦has anyone who gets picked up by the missus/girlfriend at the end of the week noticed,that they will drive into your depot,then get out of the drivers seat,and jump into the passanger seat?.whats all that about?

Ahh, thatā€™ll be to do with the green sunstrip at the top of your car windscreenā€¦ :wink:

Above the driverā€™s side it says ā€œbuck73ā€ whilst above the passenger side it says ā€œyes dear.ā€ :grimacing:

:open_mouth: Thatā€™s only a theoryā€¦ Blimey, is that the timeā€¦ :laughing:

gogzy:

Theyā€™ve been a nightmare for several weeks, believe me, I know

I finish late this afternoon oncew the last parcel has left the van

i got stitched up as well, ive had late starts this week but today being xmas eve ive had a 4am start to grange over seas. :open_mouth: :angry: :open_mouth: :angry:

everybody else has a local job but never mind i should be home about 1-2 ish.

I got the biggest stitch up ever today. 2am start from birmingham, delivering truck to southend on sea.

Ok i thought, then I find out its a one way trip ā€¦ i have to make my own way back :S

I havnt used trains / taxis in 15 years. the rickety train from southend, i thought was gonna come off the track, it was bouncing around that much, one of the axle bearings sounded ZBā€™ed and was sqealing / scraping. Then had to navigate through the maze that is known as the undergroundā€¦ to get to Euston station, wait there for 2 hours for my train, (one of those fancy Virgin tilting jobbies, and very nice it was too. 125 mph zooming past the vehicles on the motorway.

train cost me Ā£34 to get back. the taxi for the last 2 miles cost me a tenner :S daylight robbery.

anyway , getting paid flat rate for the day. Ā£140 paying for my own transport out of it, all in only done a normal 8 hour shift if you count the time travelling back. add that to the shift yesterday that was 3 hours long (getting paid hourly for that shift, so minimum 8 @ Ā£9 p/hour ) not a bad couple of days. and all i was delivering was rental refuse wagons.

now time to sleep, up in a few hours to pickup the mrs and off to the inlaws :S wish me luck lol

I/m an agency driver, and they just tried to call me out for this afternoon.Iā€™d already had a pint so cheerfully said no. Happy Christmas.

chooch:
I/m an agency driver, and they just tried to call me out for this afternoon.Iā€™d already had a pint so cheerfully said no. Happy Christmas.

I had a call trying the same thing not had a drink but still said no.I,ve got to pick up my teenage daughter from the station.Two minutes before the coach company that I do for that kindly laid me off for ten days .Rang with my first days work on the 30th telling me it starts at 3.30am three pick ups then onto Norton Canes will have to check what its paying as I,m not getting up at stupid O Clock for three hours pay.

BigJon:
now time to sleep, up in a few hours to pickup the mrs and off to the inlaws :S wish me luck lol

Yeah, I wish everyone the very best of luck if they are visiting the outlawsā€¦

Sorry, slip of the tongue, meant to say IN laws, :laughing:

Had a 3am start,1 drop Swan Valley,then re-load out of West Hallam.

Finished at 2pm,and now sat at home.

Ken.

finished this mornin @ 4. was due on this afternoon but isnt happening now. so looks like a few days of for me then back to it next week. altho the phone could ring anytime ! :angry: merry xmas all and remember ā€™ drive safelyā€™ wear a trojan lol

johnpirate:

chooch:

I had a call trying the same thing not had a drink but still said no.I,ve got to pick up my teenage daughter from the station.Two minutes before the coach company that I do for that kindly laid me off for ten days .Rang with my first days work on the 30th telling me it starts at 3.30am three pick ups then onto Norton Canes will have to check what its paying as I,m not getting up at stupid O Clock for three hours pay.

Johnpirate.

Have you tried DEPLOYMENT in Oldham,
they kept me busy at the start of the year,
before i got a new job.

They have the 3663 contact , J D Williams etcā€¦

Not the best job ,
But @ Ā£11.75 p/h Saturday and a 13 hr shift
things werent so bad

Think it was Ā£7.25 normal
time and half after 8 hrs
(could easily get a 13hr run if you wanted)

Driver-Once-More:

gogzy:

Theyā€™ve been a nightmare for several weeks, believe me, I know

I finish late this afternoon oncew the last parcel has left the van

its been no bad for me for the last few weeks,90+ drops

but today i only had 66 drops, 3 of them never got done tho as one person wasnt in, i couldnt locate one cause it wasnt my route and the other one was closed (post office)

Kicked off at 02:00 this morning and ran up to Halifax from Bham. Load wasnt ready so got some kip in on POA and back to base for 14:30.

Best part was when my satnav told me to go straight on but my printed off traffic planners route said turn left. I did as I was told i.e. dont go off route, and turned leftā€¦

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

into what could be best described as a farm track going steeply down hill. :open_mouth: No tarmac and the width of the rig. Shanā€™t go into the 45 mins of joy in the dark, suffice it to say I told traffic what I thought of the route. had the usual ā€˜but our vans us it all the timeā€™ :imp: But Iā€™m not in a van!!!

Now, time to put the old feet up till monday :slight_smile:

Have a great Christmas!