Working Christmas Eve/Day - Boxing Day.?

Just been sorting my availability with Agency (yes, i know lots of you dont like them)

They asked me if i was available Xmas day, which surprised me, I assumed everyone was shut.■■ I am, but did not think for one second there would be any work.? they said they expected some jobs to come in (based on previous years)

They were very keen for me to be available on Boxing Day, said it would be busy - again, surprised

Should i be.■■

uckna:
Just been sorting my availability with Agency (yes, i know lots of you dont like them)

They asked me if i was available Xmas day, which surprised me, I assumed everyone was shut.■■ I am, but did not think for one second there would be any work.? they said they expected some jobs to come in (based on previous years)

They were very keen for me to be available on Boxing Day, said it would be busy - again, surprised

Should i be.■■

Going on similar previous topics there are quite few owner drivers/agencey driver who are working over all of xmas.

I was suprised as well as thought most RDC’s etc would be closed for 2 days but it’s becoming apparant that some places must still require delivery’s on xmas day!!!

I’m guessing you have to unload your self?? :laughing: :laughing:

My rest days fall on Xmas day and boxing day but back to work on the friday - good thing is the roads are generally empty, no school mums, salespeople etc etc.

You can park how you like as never seen a traffic warden working xmas day yet!!!

The only pain is the toll roads/tunnels across the UK are closed over those 2 days as there is no one to operate the toll booths. :smiley: :laughing: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

i’ll be laid by the poolside in teneriefe nursing me broken foot :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Being a Multicultural society nowdays, not everyone celebrates the birth of Christ.
I don’t pack up for a week for Ramadan!

Anyone who works xmas day is an idiot …
This is because these people encourage companies to stay open and want more people in …You know like people with family.

paul@midway:
Anyone who works for xmas day is an idiot …

a rich idiot…well richer idiot

paul@midway:
Anyone who works for xmas day is an idiot …

Unless they give me the rest of the week of.

I am not religious
but i do believe in santa
and giving my kids a good time.

I also celebrate ramadan,
and go out and throw eggs at the muslims
driving up and down cheetham hill beeping their bloody horns

( no rascism allowed ) jd :open_mouth:

Couldn’t pay enough to work xmas day.No price on my head.

paul@midway:

I can live with that :wink: , I desperately need work, any work.

Tiger.

If it’s frosty or snowing, I’ll be working, but not in my truck :sunglasses:

in a previous job I worked xmas for 12 years as well as new years, always night duty, triple time with a day in lieu, asleep by 11o clock up at 5 home at 6 just in time for the kids getting up, spend whole day with them then back to work to sleep!!!
best job I everhad

I had a phonecall out the blue off manpower even though I havent worked for them since april this year, this morning asking if i was availble to work from xmas eve right through to new years day back in network rail driving their class 2 hiab wagon, as I did it last year

as weve had our hols and the missus is at work over crimbo as shes a nurse i said yes, the extra money will come in handy, and its all double and treble time :slight_smile:

as an agy driver, xmas day is just the same as the other 364 / 5
albeit with the potential for premium rates for doing the same job, that youd do on a different day. With the current climate, any work atm is work Im available for.

I told me agys last week, that Im available though out the holidays

Doubt there is many places open xmass day to deliver to, but think there is a fair few inter-depot trunks happening espec since boxing day will be the start of the sales.

Place i work there is a few trunks on xmass day, because there is store deliveries boxing day.

Ive put my name down for it, depending on wages, wouldnt want decent wages, i.e. triple time for doing xmass day.

I got offered work on Christmas day (Actually, 10pm boxing day to 6:30am Christmas day)

£6.20 an hour!
I have elected to stay at home instead.

Don’t know 100%,but I could be working Christmas Day/Boxing Day.Load required in Evesham on 26th,so would have to set off from up here on the 25th.Probably same at New Year.

yeah am gonna do call outs at triple money for all christmas and new year…lots of people break down so i wont be broke this chritmas

Scarab:
(Actually, 10pm boxing day to 6:30am Christmas day)

364 days, that’s a helluva shift mate! Overtime after 8 hours? :wink:

I’ll be working Xmas Eve for sure, 4-day break this year the way Saturday and Sunday fall so no production in t’mill. Livestock don’t stop eating just 'cos it’s a holiday; spare a thought also for the milk tanker boys and the dairies who’ll be working every day.

well im working at arla fri sat sun mon tue and wen ,then the 27 of dec so far i wanted to go out but hey its agency i cant say no cos after the new year i might get nothing :unamused:

paul@midway:

the heavy haulage companies get a lot of work over the christmas break, many railway bridges are replaced during the only time of the year the rail network is shut down
I have done two years working christmas day and boxing day on this sort of work, bearing in mind I am going back over ten years ago the two days was worth over £1000 in my pocket,

Now i have kids that money isnt enough to keep me away from them on christmas day, but for a single lad/ladette you would be an idiot not to go for it :wink: :unamused: