Working Christmas Day...who've you seen?!

Had to make a small trip up the M20 earlier, was only on there for 10 mins and seen a few trucks still out working.

HSF
A few unmarked Dutch guys (trucks and coaches)
KLM Cargo
Nolans

Didn’t even realise that the ferry/tunnel might be open today?

The ferries don’t run today but eurotunnel operate 1 or maybe 2 trains an hour today!

I’ve seen a fair few fridges running in France today, most have been French or Spanish.

seen a couple of polish guys parked in the layby near the football ground in oldham cant be the best way to spend christmas day

Saw a couple of abnormal loads making the most of the quiet roads about j28 M62

An 04 plate 8 legger Scania rigid on the A339 between Newbury and Basingstoke with a couple of railway engineering works carriage thingys on the back…

There was a BOC tanker passing through Cwmbran a couple of hours ago.

And lots of milk tankers!

Dsv have a fair few bits moving, Mainly tankers for arla and ikea

i saw a reed bordel on A38 southbound around Lichfield.

scania sam:

Id like to know what money that fellas on :unamused:

There’s loads of trucks parked up at London Gateway services with train tracks. Massive long loads, they had a nightmare parking up. Im guessing there working over xmas. About the only time they can do track repairs I suppose. Must be on some good dosh!

seth 70:

scania sam:

Probably had no holiday left to take and had to work for a flat wage!

smokinbarrels:

seth 70:

scania sam:

Probably had no holiday left to take and had to work for a flat wage!

I know a bloke who works for stobart and they had to book Boxing Day off because they say it’s not a bank holiday, :open_mouth:
He tried to book it off and was refused so has to work for normal time.
Shocking if true.

The obligatory milk tankers, farm feeds, dozens of farmers in their LRs/pick-ups/quadbikes (complete with wind-swept sheepdog on their shoulder, always make me chuckle for some reason), a couple of Sawyers, the AA, a couple of chemical tankers, several ODs, Egertons, and a copper sat in his 4x4 at the cordoned-off entrance to the Fleece; don’t know if there’d been any shenanigans or it was actually shut for the day & he was just sat there having a chill-out.
Oh, and a DPD van tear-arsing about. :confused:

Been a great day, my 8hr run actually took 8hrs! :open_mouth:
Be different tomorrow when the cheap-swag Muppet Show starts though.

yorkshire terrier:
I know a bloke who works for stobart and they had to book Boxing Day off because they say it’s not a bank holiday, :open_mouth:
Shocking if true.

What’s shocking about it? These days most shops open Boxing Day, so somebody’s got to re-stock them. The days of triple time etc on bank holiday working are long gone mate. I doubt if the legendary Tesco shelf stackers get owt extra.

Sidevalve:

yorkshire terrier:
Shocking if true.

What’s shocking about it? These days most shops open Boxing Day, so somebody’s got to re-stock them. The days of triple time etc on bank holiday working are long gone mate. I doubt if the legendary Tesco shelf stackers get owt extra.

You want at least a little extra surely.

yorkshire terrier:

Sidevalve:

yorkshire terrier:
Shocking if true.

You want at least a little extra surely.

If it goes with the job, then that’s what it is,.

Sidevalve:

yorkshire terrier:
Shocking if true.

Sidevalve ,please dont tell me its ok to work boxing day on normal rate :open_mouth:

If it’s in your Contract & you’re rostered, there’s no argument.

nickb67:
If it’s in your Contract & you’re rostered, there’s no argument.

I wouldn’t take the job in the first place if it was!