working christmas day.

is anyone working christmas day?

i’m not. :laughing:

No, but I would if my boss came up with a decent trip abroad. Went to Amsterdam last Boxing Day for a run out, just to get some duty frees.

Not for all the rice in China!
:smiley:

Not a chance. I’ve got a life and money aint everything, family first :wink:

yes, father christmas. its multidrop dont you know. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve done it in the past, drove from Novgorod to Moscow on Christmas Day 1994, although the 25th December is just a normal working day there. Felt a bit strange writing 25/12 on the tacho card, I must admit…

In the yard on Christmas Eve twiddling my thumbs. Then gonna belt it down to Truro to meet up with the girlfriend and her family. 75mph all the way baby!!! :grimacing:

dave:
yes, father christmas. its multidrop dont you know. :stuck_out_tongue:

I herd the transport manager wants him to do over 6 billion drops world wide in 9 hours, and he’s sending him out over weight on the rear axle of the sleigh :laughing:

Yes help christmass din ,wash up tidy up get this get that do the other,cn you go get some and while your there can you, it is harder than driving a volvo around the country

I would if asked to - once the presents are opened it’s usually just a case of eat too much, start drinking and eating mince pies for the sake of it (even when full) and trying not to get too stressed about kids running riot :unamused: The last three years I’ve got my 12bore out and gone for a wander round a farm!

any one working xmas eve could easily be working xmas day, it could easily go-pear shaped xmas eve and end up in a night out and running back in xmas day.
so my answer is nnnnnnnno-well maybe,who-knows

i would work it this year if i could, really not looking forward to it this year

im workingxmas eve though

Hopefully i will be. I have asked but haven’t heard anything back yet.

of course im working christmas day the other half is working so i have to do the dinner i suggested frozen ones but the other half was having none of that :unamused: so thats me sober till she finishes work about 12 30 then straight to the whisky :smiley:

hiya,
Ran to Glasgow fully freighted from Dundee one Christmas Eve had two boxes of shampoo which i could’nt deliver going through because of bereavement at the firm, it was a little wholesalers in Govan and there was a sign on the door saying opening times was 7.30 am to 5.30 pm daily and due to the circumstances would re-open on 25-12-1958 i sat on the step with the two boxes and spot on 7.30 the door opened boxes was signed for and i was underway homeward bound at a max speed of 39 mph, there was no big stuff going south but still a cafe or two was open and surpriseingly quite a few Scottish boys was going North, got home about teatime, and believe it or not got told off for not taking the motor to the yard until Boxing Day, the firm had a ruling that no vehicles to be taken home and i had no excuse because i had a key to the yard, the old saying about you can’t do enough for a good boss is a load ■■■■■■■■.
thanks harry long retired.

yes im working,but not in haulage,been on taxis since sept 08,wont work xmas eve,to much messing about throwing up,in &out of the cars,xmas day is tariff 3, double the normal daytime meter rate,will do 7am to 3pm,kids are all grown up.
boxing days the same ,will get some days off between xmas and new year.

Not me, finish crimbo eve and not back til January :smiley:

I would if I could

Officially finish on the 18th but I’ll probably work on up to christmas eve, but definitely not woking on the 25th. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

no not this year :exclamation: :exclamation: xmas day last year got pulled by VOSTAPO at 9:30am :exclamation: :imp: :imp: . (do they celebrate xmas :question: ) and fitter refused to come out till he’d had his xmas dinner :unamused: :imp: . so i sat in my cab singing xmas songs to my self for 5 hours.