kids in trucks

Hi all, was just wondering what age are kids allowed in trucks, i have heard that kids are not allowed anymore. Was just wondering as my sisters boyfriend takes there 6 year old daughter with him in his truck, she does wear a belt, but it was him that heard he could be breaking the law.
Any ideas guy’s

johnny boy:
Hi all, was just wondering what age are kids allowed in trucks, i have heard that kids are not allowed anymore. Was just wondering as my sisters boyfriend takes there 6 year old daughter with him in his truck, she does wear a belt, but it was him that heard he could be breaking the law.
Any ideas guy’s

Company Rules are more likely to prevent it than Road Traffic Laws. This is what the DFT say.

dft.gov.uk/think/focusareas/ … e=Overview

childcarseats.org.uk/law/index.htm

Other Vehicles - Front Seats

The law requires children (and adults) travelling in the front of all vehicles, including vans, buses, coaches, minibuses and goods vehicles to use an appropriate child restraint or adult seat belts.

I can’t imagine that there are any restrictions as long as the appropriate seats,seatboosters and belts are used.The only restrictions would come from the owner or operator of the vehicle stemming from insurance issues.There may well be legal issues as regards carrying uninsured minors.

most places i deliver to will not let children on to the site h&s rules ,just last month i got a call from my boss asking me if i would go to the gatehouse at palletways becuase the agancy driver had is 12yr son in the cab ,they stood out side in the rain for 1hr whist i was getting tipped in his truck.