Just Typical!!!

had a call today offering me fulltime ongoing work, good rates paid for 40hours,anything over is time & half, its through an agency its class 2 work, a new contract that goes live in two weeks, upto 12 drops a day over the south east for a well known parcel delivery co,and its only 20mins down the road in the car at weybridge,great i thought just what i need as we approach christmas at an alarming rate. now for the disaster, the misus has crashed and written of the car and doesnt know how she managed it! without the car there is no way of getting to the depot for 6am so thats the end of the that… anyway it was with southern recruit, what are they likeive seen their shiny ads in the sun before, i belive they put drivers on the sainsburys contract with wincanton from the feltham depot which is in walking distance,does anybody do this work perhaps i can get on that for time being, money is supposed to be good.

sounds like your having a patch of bad luck at moment pal, even new lads are finding full time work now esp after a few months with a agency. just keep looking something will come your way esp with your experience behind you now.

best of luck in future

Couldn’t you just buy a cheapo car out of the paper to tide you over? or borrow a car off a mate or something for a week or two?
Seems a shame to pass such a good offer over.

Alex

hire one?

Scarab:
Couldn’t you just buy a cheapo car out of the paper to tide you over?

I’ll second that - that is what I did not so long ago - only had it for 3 weeks but it did the job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Bad luck with car bloke hope missus ok, i worked at Sainsbury at Feltham, did not like it but its horses for courses. Try First Call agency at Ripley there in yellow pages, (not sure if i can put number on this site) i’m with them they looking for good drivers. Good luck.

lulu123:
Bad luck with car bloke hope missus ok, i worked at Sainsbury at Feltham, did not like it but its horses for courses. Try First Call agency at Ripley there in yellow pages, (not sure if i can put number on this site) i’m with them they looking for good drivers. Good luck.

You could always send a PM (private message) with the phone number

kemaro:
had a call today offering me fulltime ongoing work, good rates paid for 40hours,anything over is time & half, its through an agency its class 2 work, a new contract that goes live in two weeks, upto 12 drops a day over the south east for a well known parcel delivery co,and its only 20mins down the road in the car at weybridge,great i thought just what i need as we approach christmas at an alarming rate…

And that’s it, your just going to give up. If you really want the job you’ll find a way. As has been said, buy an old banger (even a bike), hire a car, but when you get offered work that suits you the worst thing you can do is to just give in.

Stan

a couple for you

cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-460-GLEI-17 … 286.c0.m14

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-600-SLI-AUT … 286.c0.m14

just an idea of whats about.

Don’t forget the cheap cars Clarkson & co bought…you only need it for a couple of weeks till you get the other sorted

kemaro:
…anyway it was with southern recruit, what are they likeive seen their shiny ads in the sun before, i belive they put drivers on the sainsburys contract with wincanton from the feltham depot which is in walking distance,does anybody do this work perhaps i can get on that for time being, money is supposed to be good.

I worked for Southern Recruit last year on the Tesco contract at Brooklands.

It took me nearly six weeks to get paid, and when I did, it was all at one rate. There was no over-time rate. I was being booked in to Tesco’s at 0600hrs every morning, but wasn’t getting any jobs until later in the morning and most where 10 or 12 hour shifts. It was a case of get-up, go to work, go home, get-up, go to work, go home etc, etc… just a bit too much for an ongoing job.

I’ve never worked for them again. I don’t know if I just had a run of bad luck with them, but I feel there are better agencies about, especially around Heathrow.

when i was younger my dad fell on hard times…i was an apprentice mechanic with a courier company.i asked if they had any work he could do,they didn’t really have any(it was 1992 and the recession was biting hard),but they put him in a battered ford cargo on £20 a day cash,and he went everywhere on long,hard hours.
it was years later that i found out he walked to work,as no buses ran from hockley to smethwick for the 4am start.

Semtex:
a couple for you

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-600-SLI-AUT … 286.c0.m14

just an idea of whats about.

Don’t forget the cheap cars Clarkson & co bought…you only need it for a couple of weeks till you get the other sorted

Although I never liked them,that Rover looks well.

Ken.