Just reverse it in there drive!

Whats the tightest spot youve been asked to get your trailer into?

All that in a tight yard with scrap metal 1 foot away from the tyres on the drivers side, and yes it was the same gap into the machine on the other side (around 2-3 inches).

They use the machine to lift the box off and up onto its end so they can fill it with scrap metal using a crane with a grab.

You then have to reverse back under so they can put the box back on and then wait while they use the same crane as a wrecking ball to beat the bulging sides of the box back into some sort of square shape :unamused: .

I did that a lot with fixed crane steel deliveries

I’ve had to do a few runs to Hitchin with RCL to pick up scrap metal the same way. They scissor jacks can be a bit of a Bu66er as they want you inch perfect and the workers at the Hitchin scrap yard don’t speak very good english.
Oh and make sure your box is on backwards!

This was mine, when doing a day on the artic for co-op. it was only my third drive in an artic at the time. it was off a main road and there was parked cars on the drivers side and a ■■■■■ of a resident the other side who came out and watched like a hawk every single time a wagon turned up, (apparently he had had his wall rebuilt at the expense of the co-op 4 times in 18 months)

i had a bit more room the other side, there was at least six inches ( and we know how big that is dont we fella’s :question: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: )

To be fair if trucks kept knocking down my wall I’d go out and offer assistance to the drivers when they arrived.

Ok only a 7 and half tonner. But delivering to a school. Had to drive right across the road to line it up. Reverse back a little. Then fold both mirrors in :open_mouth: in reverse about two lorry lengths down between brick walls.

Boat delivery in Instow.25 shunts to get in.Devon.

Well,i don’t agree :exclamation:
Isn’t much more tight then reversing to a Bay,as you just have little on both site left
it’s just Psychologically worst looking :bulb:

when im delivering mail to castle douglas in a 7.5tonner, you have to get about an inch off the parcked cars on outside main road then reverse into the yard where BT and RM vans are parked allover the place then sum how get inbetween the massive concrete bollard that holds the building up :confused: theres a ■■■ packed size gap either side of wall and bollard, ill get sum pics next time im there!!