Watch out for rear end swing!

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:
probably in the wrong forum

Did the driver stop and leave his details?
:blush:

OOPS :blush: , easy done though!

i see the handbrake worked well :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hands up who never did similar.
i see some trailers now with rear lift axles.
this must just make the problem worse.
even when the cars are parked legally near a corner ,its still possible to take the side of them out.
easy knowing the road planners and councillers are just car drivers.
i think the law is…a car must be a cars length away from a corner…or 20ft.
i am open to correction on this,i did my driving test in the year dot.

greg50:
easy knowing the road planners and councillers are just car drivers.
i think the law is…a car must be a cars length away from a corner…or 20ft.
i am open to correction on this,i did my driving test in the year dot.

Unless one is a van driver, then the vehicle must be parked right on the corner.

liveleak.com/view?i=b65_1231635803

That link might have been useful for THIS THREAD

I have this problem everyday to a place i deliver to.the turn into the yard is so tight i’ve caught 2 cars in 6 months.another driver caught 1 while i was on holiday.
my manager says we should walk down there before we attempt it.tried that by the time i got back to the lorry and drove there some â– â– â– â–  had parked there

gazzahgv:
I have this problem everyday to a place i deliver to.the turn into the yard is so tight i’ve caught 2 cars in 6 months.another driver caught 1 while i was on holiday.
my manager says we should walk down there before we attempt it.tried that by the time i got back to the lorry and drove there some [zb] had parked there

Or you could look at the room you have, stop & think ‘I won’t make that unless them cars are moved’ then, as if by magic, you don’t hit anything :open_mouth:

Are you really saying that you don’t know how much room you need to manouvere your vehicle until you hit something? Not only once either :unamused:

You should change your name to gazzagodknowshowIpassedmyhgvbecauseI’museless :imp:

what a thought provoking site that is sadmike lots of lessons to learn and a real eye opener

cheers mate (mercman)
its a case of driving down the road which is a dead end apart from the in turn to the depot and theres cars that have there fronts sticking out which the lighting board catches as you swing in.i was only blamed for 1 of these.i then tried to make a point of refusing to go in there unless something is done(which it now has been).Incidently its the only accidents i’ve had in the 9yrs of driving artics.although you’ll probably say i’ve been lucky then.

then i noticed mercmans a spurs supporter that says it all :stuck_out_tongue:

Is this what is meant by ‘rear end swing’ :question: :unamused: :wink: :laughing:

I hear what you’re saying about the TM not having a clue, but he won’t be the one getting the gooner because the company insurance won’t cover him anymore because he keeps hitting parked cars, if you’re trying to make a point there are more subtle ways to do it surely.

More than once I’ve been in a similar situation & would’ve taken great pleasure in driving over the top of a car parked in a stupid place, but I’ve resisted the urge. You say they’re the only accidents you’ve had but that’s wrong, it can’t be an accident if you do it on purpose :laughing:

I’m guessing by the Essex location that you’re one of those bankrupt plastic cockneys?

like it Rog :stuck_out_tongue: :unamused:

gazzahgv:
cheers mate (mercman)
its a case of being told the delivery is made no matter what when you have a transport manager who does’nt even have a hgv licence its a matter of making a point until something is done. (which it now has been).Incidently its the only accidents i’ve had in the 9yrs of driving artics.although you’ll probably say i’ve been lucky then.

Oh you have one of them top guy’s that say it will be done no matter wot.Well my answer is simple YOU F***iN DO IT THEN. :smiling_imp: Can’t be arsed with arse’s like that boss of yours.moron :smiling_imp:

blimey its getting abit touchy here.
Londoner all my life until it was taken over wanted the kids to have a decent upbringing
i agree with you kitkat.things have been done regarding this place and although i still have to go there everyday. it has been made alot easier to get in there

kitkat:

gazzahgv:
cheers mate (mercman)
its a case of being told the delivery is made no matter what when you have a transport manager who does’nt even have a hgv licence its a matter of making a point until something is done. (which it now has been).Incidently its the only accidents i’ve had in the 9yrs of driving artics.although you’ll probably say i’ve been lucky then.

Oh you have one of them top guy’s that say it will be done no matter wot.Well my answer is simple YOU F***iN DO IT THEN. :smiling_imp: Can’t be arsed with arse’s like that boss of yours.moron :smiling_imp:

My god man …where have you been hiding kitkat

I had to check the date of the post i thought for a minute someone had resuscitated an old one…

Back to the point…
The best way to prove a point like this is to get as far as you can without hitting anything then stop put on the handbrake switch off the engine and get a book out and relax… Low and behold a short time and a few irate drivers later and things start to get sorted :wink:

My god man …where have you been hiding kitkat

Been off air for a couple of year m8,too much pc not enough family life. :open_mouth: