Oh dear

Don’t think anyone has posted this?

Made me chuckle anyway …

examiner.co.uk/news/west-yor … at-8291689

The poor sod. :smiley:

Poor bloke what a state to get in.

He’ll have some explaining to do, coop drivers get maps directly to the stores they’re delivering to IIRC.

I think he thought he’d just back it up to spin round, if only he’d lifted the axle he could’ve done it. Tail lift frame looks dangerously close to making contact with the road too…

Agency fresh from Stobart :wink:

Come on guys,we all had to start somewhere.That motor would be a right handful to an inexperienced driver out there in the back country.I passed my test in a straight six but one of my first drives was in a 4 over 4.To-day you can train in an auto and be given a manual truck with absolutely no instruction.

Pretty sure from the direction he’s facing in the picture he has come from Outlane village just off M62.

Before turning off A640 towards Scapegoat Hill he will have driven through ‘unsuitable for hgv’ signs

Maybe I’ve been off rigids a while but that box looks a fair old length :laughing:
Try parking that in the yard after years of artic driving you’ll soon make yourself look a fool :laughing:

alamcculloch:
Come on guys,we all had to start somewhere.That motor would be a right handful to an inexperienced driver out there in the back country.I passed my test in a straight six but one of my first drives was in a 4 over 4.To-day you can train in an auto and be given a manual truck with absolutely no instruction.

Don’t think that situation had much to do with the gear box.

rear lift axle :question: lift it :exclamation: or dump air out of it :exclamation: diff locks :question: if it has them use them :exclamation: yes we all have to start somewhere,but wasn’t the driver cpc put in to make us all pros at the job :exclamation: at least he had sense to stop before damage was done to truck and property :wink:

You missed a smilie there

:laughing: .here it is,il save him the bother of adding it… :smiley:

:smiley: :wink:

Freight Dog:
You missed a smilie there

DJC:
if only he’d lifted the axle he could’ve done it.

I have this chassis on a ‘flat’ … looks like the axle is lifted, but its bottomed out hitting the road thereby removing grip on the inside … if he’d straightened and used his diff lock in reverse ( yes it works ) he could have got out of that after a shunt or two I’m pretty certain :wink:

edit they usually have a load transfer system too … so as to overload the drive axle by increasing the airbag pressure … whilst it would not help the steering lock if the tag was ‘down’ it would have given him ‘grip’ :wink:

To be honest, if I’d come down there in that, I’d have said, sod that and turned right. Always sort it out somewhere else.

peterm:
To be honest, if I’d come down there in that, I’d have said, sod that and turned right. Always sort it out somewhere else.

^^^ my first thought too.

Still, it’s easy to talk with 20+ years experience behind you. And how much of that experience was learned the hard way? We were lucky, that there were no phone cameras and Internet in them days. We, ‘got away with it’…