Just like to say hi

Hi to you all
just found this forum found it very interesting thought id join in. I run a small transport co in bristol have been in transport for over 25 years never known it as bad as it is now.
there we go thats my first post done and im moaning allready :stuck_out_tongue:

john[/b]

must an owner driver then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

only kidding welcome to the forum

Don’t be bothered about moaning we all do it from time to time.Good luck with your business in these bad times :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

welcome mate,best forum on the net

Welcome,and a problem shared is a problem
halved, things will get better, as time goes bye,

busy fool:
Hi to you all
just found this forum found it very interesting thought id join in. I run a small transport co in bristol have been in transport for over 25 years never known it as bad as it is now.
there we go thats my first post done and im moaning allready :stuck_out_tongue:

john[/b]

Tell us about your company.

You got any jobs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome busy fool :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:** ![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOARTICWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOWDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGORIGIDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOARTICWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOWDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGORIGIDWinCE.jpg)

:smiley: Hi busy fool, WELCOME. :grimacing:

Aye, I’d admit that things are bad, but you’ve found us so there’s your silver lining. :grimacing:

thanks guys
I run a small trans co in bristol three 7.5 ton one 17 ton and two 44 ton and a couple of vans. sorry guys one of the 44t is a stralis i can see from your posts on here not the most popular trucks (for good reason too)
all the rigids and the vans are all out every day.

The two units have been working on steele work out of bristol for a co called clugston distribution pulling there trombone trailers, not the best money in the world but every day work (5days)
I have been there since they started down here about 3.5 years.
two weeks ago they gave me and all the others one weeks notice we were no longer needed as work is very quite. been strugling since to find work for the two drivers getting the odd day here and there, but where i have been there so long i have lost contact with companies i used to do work for.
I feel if I cant find work for these trucks this time of year I got no chance after xmas.
I did contact maritime on the containers they have no work at mo but there only paying £1.16p mile…if i done bristol to london they would only pay me £278 for a 240 mile round trip. waiting time paid after 3 hours @ £15 per hour.

sorry guys to be moaning like this, im not usuall this bad.

john

It’s OK, we are getting used to it - these problems are now common - unfortunately :cry: :cry: :cry:

busy fool:
thanks guys
I run a small trans co in bristol three 7.5 ton one 17 ton and two 44 ton and a couple of vans. sorry guys one of the 44t is a stralis i can see from your posts on here not the most popular trucks (for good reason too)
all the rigids and the vans are all out every day.

The two units have been working on steele work out of bristol for a co called clugston distribution pulling there trombone trailers, not the best money in the world but every day work (5days)
I have been there since they started down here about 3.5 years.
two weeks ago they gave me and all the others one weeks notice we were no longer needed as work is very quite. been strugling since to find work for the two drivers getting the odd day here and there, but where i have been there so long i have lost contact with companies i used to do work for.
I feel if I cant find work for these trucks this time of year I got no chance after xmas.
I did contact maritime on the containers they have no work at mo but there only paying £1.16p mile…if i done bristol to london they would only pay me £278 for a 240 mile round trip. waiting time paid after 3 hours @ £15 per hour.

john

Hello mate, I’ve just joined too. I was laid off on Friday with NO notice after doing a 15hr day and was then told I wouldn’t be paid for the whole week and wouldn’t be getting my pay in lieu of notice OR my 11 days holiday pay. It’s now in the hands of the unions solicitors.

I called about 6 companies yesterday and they all have no work, one guy said he had 4 calls just in the morning from drivers looking for work.

I’ve never known it so bad, at one time if you had a class one you could just walk into a job. I called my last employer who I worked for for 7 years and they are a major supermarket coming up to Christmas and even they have nothing. It’s a dire situation.

Andy

hello mate
it is realy quite.
I think with your situation about not getting paid they have to pay you what your due, they cant just say were not paying you we cant afford it, the only way they can not pay you what your due, is if they go bust.
good luck tho it may take a while

john

busy fool:
hello mate
it is realy quite.
I think with your situation about not getting paid they have to pay you what your due, they cant just say were not paying you we cant afford it, the only way they can not pay you what your due, is if they go bust.
good luck tho it may take a while

john

Thats an interesting point, I have seen people on here mention starting a winding up order or even threatning a winding up order. Also have heard mention of informing vosa that they are not able to meet their financial commitments…therefore no longer have the required financial standing (a requirement of their O licence)