Just A Thought

2 senarios for you
1 you take on a driver age 30 who has held his there class 2 for one year then upgraded to class 1, 2 years later you employ him as a class 1 driver as he fits the bill as he has had his class 1 for a period of 2 years giving him a total of 3 years comercial driving experience he may not even have driven a class 1 in that time

2 a class 2 driver of 20 years comercial driving experience ubgrades his licence to class 1 but you dont employ him as he hasent 2 years experience on class 1

i understand a need for experience but surley this should be based on comercial driving experience as oposed to the noumber or years a class 1 has been held after all passing the class 1 test should indicate that you are capable of driving one the importance surley should be on comercial driving experience

as far as i’m concerned, if they have passed the relevant tests, they are employable

providing they give a good interview and don’t get caught telling lies on it, like one guy who said he didn’t smoke, but yopu could smell it on him strongly, he had just finished a ciggy before he came in :confused:

The insurance companies want two years experience, but, how do they know that you may have driven nothing in those two years after passing your test ■■?

If you keep to the two year rule, your premiums “should” be lower, stick a newbie in, and, you “will” pay through the nose.

TBF, if the lad is good and keen, take the hit and back him, just becareful with insurance companies, they are a bit like banks, fairweather friends.

i wonder how many good reliable drivers compamies miss out on because of the 2 year rule do insurance companys have a lack of confidence in the dsa testing procedures ? shame we cant ask them

h

bjd:
i wonder how many good reliable drivers compamies miss out on because of the 2 year rule do insurance companys have a lack of confidence in the dsa testing procedures ? shame we cant ask them

Its called experience ■■?

But, how do you get experience, without being able to drive ■■?

Its one of lifes great mysteries :unamused:

On the brightside, in two years time, you will be able to get insured, because you have the experience :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: :confused:

ive just passed the magical 2 years for my class 2…but being under 25 still doesnt really help.

and over a year on my class 1 and im trying my hardest to not be a trolley dolley when the agency rings up.

gogzy:
ive just passed the magical 2 years for my class 2…but being under 25 still doesnt really help.

and over a year on my class 1 and im trying my hardest to not be a trolley dolley when the agency rings up.

Sorry gogzy, I forgot about the “25” rule, nothing`s easy in this country, IF YOU WANT TO WORK that is :imp: :imp: :imp:

Nothing wrong with being a trolley dolly, it will get you on the ladder of life :laughing:

I`ve got two days with Tossco this weekend, never too proud to beg :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I would rather employ someone who had 2 years full time class 2 experiance who had just passed class 1 then someone who had held his class 1 licence for 2 years but not used it. My insurance just says any driver over 25, doesn’t say anything about experience

maybe 2 years experience in some cases is an excuse 25 or older seems likley but still not right as they are now talking of bringing the age requiement to drve class 1 down to 18 whats the point when nobody will employ them

Stanley Mitchell:

gogzy:

Sorry gogzy, I forgot about the “25” rule, nothing`s easy in this country, IF YOU WANT TO WORK that is :imp: :imp: :imp:

Nothing wrong with being a trolley dolly, it will get you on the ladder of life :laughing:

I`ve got two days with Tossco this weekend, never too proud to beg :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

just did my first shift today for tosscos. wasnt bad, only did 2 drops lol, 2 trailer swaps, and run about with a 30ft rear steer thing on the back which wasnt a good sign to start with. but the drops themselves wernt that hard to get into (woulda been easier if i had a manual daf instead of an auto though) did about 5 hours work, get paid for 11. :smiley:

gogzy:

Stanley Mitchell:

gogzy:

just did my first shift today for tosscos. wasnt bad, only did 2 drops lol, 2 trailer swaps, and run about with a 30ft rear steer thing on the back which wasnt a good sign to start with. but the drops themselves wernt that hard to get into (woulda been easier if i had a manual daf instead of an auto though) did about 5 hours work, get paid for 11. :smiley:

How do you manage to get 11 hours, the best down here is 8, and, thats weekends / bank holidays only, 6 in the week :imp:

Them rear steers are right bar stewards, ain`t they :laughing: