'2 Years Experience' Please Explain

Firstly I`d like to say Hello to everybody…

I found the site by pure chance and signed up straight away, did a bit of lerking and found everything I read very informative. I spoke to a HGV trainer I know a few mths back and he said something that I`ve also just read on this site

‘You could get your licence and not use it for two years then you have two years experience’

This obviously isnt strictly true becuase I would be 'very' rusty when I get behind the wheel two years later. Are agencies/companies not clued up to people claiming they have more experience than they really do, surely it would show on a driven test. The fact Ive been told it and just seen it said in a post by somebody makes me want to ask more

Thanks,
Paul

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome Dakota :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The link includes THE INITIAL DRIVER CPC which starts on 10 Sept 2009.

Dakota:
‘You could get your licence and not use it for two years then you have two years experience’

A lot of agencies want you to have HAD the licence for 2 years and some employers want you to prove 2 years experience before their insurers will accomodate you.
Being under 25 also has insurance issues for many employers & agencies.
This is not the fault of employers or agencies, it is purely down the insurers as they load the excesses so high that the RISK is not worth it for them.

It is not always the case as there are those that will bear the risk as many newbies have recently found out - mainly for CE jobs :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dakota:
Are agencies/companies not clued up to people claiming they have more experience than they really do, surely it would show on a driven test

The agency does not usually give you a driving assessment but the companies then send you to often do :exclamation:

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Thanks matey