Just a quick question about the theory test

Hi guys, im going to be sitting my theory test within the next week or 2 but the book ive been studying from is ‘The official dsa theory test for drivers of large vehicles’ the problem is that its the 07/08 edition, now i havnt heard of any 09 versions as of yet so i just want to make sure theres nothing i need to find out for my test to do with digi- tacho’s as they are not covered in the book i have. Ive read this book inside out, upside down (literally lol) but just want to make sure im 100% ready for the theory test and dont get hit with questions not in this guide.

Any help on this matter is much appreciated!!

i would take an educated guess that the digi tacho thing will not have any questions on it, it’ll be tacho law/hours regs etc that they will test on as this is the same over both types of tacho. Digi cards have been out for a while now so if there were to be any qs on it they would be in your edition of the book

hope this helps

oh and good luck for it, you’ll ■■■■ it

Cheers buddy! Im up to date with all the regs etc so hopefully that’ll be enough!! Im sure before the end of the night somebody thats taken the theory test recently will comment anyways! Oh and thanks for the good luck, hopefully ill get it first time. Just waiting to get my licence back from cardiff, its been away for weeks now. Such is the joys of it being sent to DVLNI to be checked before they forward it onto cardiff!!

I only did my theory last Sept so its not that far away wouldnt have thought anything has been added from the syllabus i learnt from. It’s fairly easy to pass, if you dont know the answer there will be two that are totally obviously not the one and two that could be the answer, just a tip make sure you know what to provide for animals if you plan to transport them over a large distance. It came up on mine and could swear id never seen it in the book. Think i stabbed in the dark at adequate bedding and food/water. Only got one answer wrong, could well have been that one though :exclamation:

Dont think ive came across that in the book either mate, as you say though its usually a 50/50 chance cos 2 anwsers will be sumthin daft. I find its the wording of the quesion ya gotta be careful with. Some of them are wrote in a way that could trick you easily. Just gotta take my tim and do it right so it brings me 1 step closer to my dream…TRUCKIN’!!

Hi Chris,

I used the official DVD for my theory as it was given to me! It wouldn’t have been my first choice, as I prefer reading books and thought I was getting on OK with the book.

To my surprise I found the DVD invaluable and it’s in exactly the same format as you will get in the test, so I think it’s worth investing in.

I got 100% in both the LGV and PCV theory tests on the day, so I guess it’s a good advert for the DVD :unamused: and testament to my computer nerd skills! :laughing:

Good luck with the test, however you decide to revise for it.

Thanks for the advice loadsofhorses, il take a quick duke onto ebay and see if i can get the dvd. Im going to try and get the hold of the official guide to driving lgv’s. Hopefully get a bit of extra info from it!

There is a 08/09 dvd out, amazon for 33 quid