Just a couple of quick questions

Dvsa say either leave in or remove is equally acceptable.

Legally if you leave it in you must always do start / end country, this does carry a £50 fine if you don’t, but i don’t think it’s a widely used one, but for the sake of 5 seconds, why leave yourself open?

You can take a break for the wtd after 1 minute of working time (driving or other work) a break of 15 or more allows you to work upto 6 hours before needing another break, although you may need further breaks before you can finish

You can take a break to count as the 1st part of a driving break after 1 minute of driving

If you’re parked up for the weekend, and you want to detach your cab, and run into town to use the amenities as part of your 45 hours weekly rest period - then you’d better be popping your card…

stevieboy308:
Dvsa say either leave in or remove is equally acceptable.

Legally if you leave it in you must always do start / end country, this does carry a £50 fine if you don’t, but i don’t think it’s a widely used one, but for the sake of 5 seconds, why leave yourself open?

You can take a break for the wtd after 1 minute of working time (driving or other work) a break of 15 or more allows you to work upto 6 hours before needing another break, although you may need further breaks before you can finish

You can take a break to count as the 1st part of a driving break after 1 minute of driving

Got an infringement - for “other work” - straight onto break, hadn’t budged the vehicle as yet. :blush:
Driver trailer explained “If parked up, drive it forward, around the yard, and back into the same place” - hey presto, one minute’s driving registered THEN stick it on for a break that’ll count this time!"

Winseer:
If you’re parked up for the weekend, and you want to detach your cab, and run into town to use the amenities as part of your 45 hours weekly rest period - then you’d better be popping your card…

Perfectly acceptable back in the day, not so nowadays. Missing mileage gives DVSA a hard on.

Winseer:

Actually if you’re gonna do that you’d definitely be better leaving your card in!!

Anytime you’re gonna do something dodgy, then you’re better doing it with your card in, as the punishment will be less severe!

You’ve not been able to use a truck over 7.5t that’s less than 25 years old for personal use out of scope of the EU regs for 12 years now, so if you want to drive to the shops in your unit, you must do it with your card in and stick to the daily and weekly rest requirements, it’s completely in scope of the EU regs just the same as doing a delivery, not getting paid and doing it off your own back is irrelevant

Nite Owl:

ETS:

Nite Owl:
You cannot start or end a shift with a break

Proof?

Logic. If you end your shift on a break, you’ve finished your shift. If you do work after your break, you haven’t ended your shift on a break.

What if you held 1 to eject the card but it turned out you didn’t hold it down for long enough so the mode changed to “break” but you didn’t notice for a few minutes as you were busy finishing up your paperwork for the day and now you’re all done and ready to go but hey-ho-ho-oh snap, your card isn’t out yet, hm let’s eject it, there we go. How convenient as it’s now showing a break instead of “other work” right at 5:59 (for wtd) hours - voila you ended your shift on a break - oh no, you’re going to prison!

the maoster:

nomiS36:
I leave mine in all week. Our TM likes a print out everyday …I take it out on a Friday to download it

I understand that it’s their train set and as such can make their own rules, but I’ve never understood why they would insist on a daily printout from a regular employee. Granted, printer paper isn’t the most expensive commodity on earth but why would you incur unnecessary expense when as you say your card is downloaded every week and any information required thus is available at a keystroke? Beyond me.

I agree and when we did a cpc thing she came along as well. Even the cpc asked her why she wasted ‘expensive’ till rolls to which she just answered she’s always done it that way and finds it easier to check up on us [emoji23]
Anyway, saves me working out if I have gone into a 10 drive or not and how many clicks I’ve done etc so I just do it without complaint.

I always take my card out at night, particularly so as I can show the end of shift country letter and the following morning, do a manual entry to show rest since last shift end.
Two stops this year in France, with no problem’s.
I always schedule 15 minutes break as close to the 6 hour limit as possible .

Guess the OP hasn’t got the hang of this crazy house yet. Calling a post ‘just a couple of quick questions’ is just asking for it with the argumentative sods on here :slight_smile: