joe toole

has anyone got any information on ex m/e driver called joe toole ex pie ex eurorote ex kentvale plus others last heard of driving for spanish company

Hi Hughie OR Hoowie, hope you are well long time no see,i am long retired and living in south wales. Regarding Joe Toole he is now living in thailand but does some driving for a dutch company and is often weekended at Habay services in Belgium. Theyre are a few mentions of him in one of these middle east posts but i have not seen him for years. Do you ever see Dave Ketteridge or little Keith, the Bulgie trunker or Noel the Magpie in your travels?? Regards Jamie.

A Scot lost in the Valley’s

There is even a picture of him with his toole hung out and another driver helping him :laughing:

I spoke to him on the phone about 2 years ago but not heard of him since

the info on Noel on another thread was that he is retired now after working for Funstons for years.

I spoke to Joe last september time on Habay last year, he works 8 months of the year for a dutch company ( the company name slips me at the mo), was talking to him about his days as an O/D working out of Suttons yard in Oldbury and has been said he lives in Thailand, if i see him will mention to him about this site :smiley: :slight_smile:

M&C Jamie:
Hi Hughie OR Hoowie, hope you are well long time no see,i am long retired and living in south wales. Regarding Joe Toole he is now living in thailand but does some driving for a dutch company and is often weekended at Habay services in Belgium. Theyre are a few mentions of him in one of these middle east posts but i have not seen him for years. Do you ever see Dave Ketteridge or little Keith, the Bulgie trunker or Noel the Magpie in your travels?? Regards Jamie.

Hi Jamie yes it is a long time funny how time goes so quickly, you begin to realise just how old when you read of old mates passing away.Regards Joe have been mates since he was on pie he used to come and stay in cambridge with me just for a visit and stayed for 6 months most of the time in the pub,happy days,but i haven’t seen him for a while.regards Kett we meet up at least a couple of times a month he lives in suffolk and runs a motor racing team very successfuly noel has retired from funstons and keith went to nottingham last i heard i think he was on rh freight. do you have any contact with john mc clung i haven’t seen him since mervyn packed up.
have seen picture of joe with his tool believe it was in davis turners in teheran after a couple of drinks regards hughie

M&C Jamie:

Hi Jamie yes it is a long time funny how time goes so quickly, you begin to realise just how old when you read of old mates passing away.Regards Joe have been mates since he was on pie he used to come and stay in cambridge with me just for a visit and stayed for 6 months most of the time in the pub,happy days,but i haven’t seen him for a while.regards Kett we meet up at least a couple of times a month he lives in suffolk and runs a motor racing team very successfuly noel has retired from funstons and keith went to nottingham last i heard i think he was on rh freight. do you have any contact with john mc clung i haven’t seen him since mervyn packed up.
have seen picture of joe with his tool believe it was in davis turners in teheran after a couple of drinks regards hughie

M&C Jamie:

M&C Jamie:

Re Joe Toole (or as we knew him Romeo Joe)
Joe worked with me on Sammy Jones tankers Aldridge he drove ERF Fleet 562 I ran with him quite a few times down to Spain nice bloke although nobody knew where he came from he told me he was from carlisle spoke pretty good Italian
last seen working out of Suttons yard on an old Daf 3300, not seen since