Missing buddies

Hi everyone, i’m looking for info on some old mates of mine they are long time desert rats, have been doing the middle east for years and longer i need to contact them as i am on my way to the last gas station and i want a good pi—p before i go, anyone know where Bill sadler, keith jennings or gary lyons is, if so drop a message in thanks

hello mate do you know frank hook? he works at my gaff and he did m/e.

harry did ya know frank was in destination doha.robarb try posting in the old time lorries,companies forum as you get some ex middle east drivers in there and there are plenty of topics in it and a fare few names mentioned.good luck mate :laughing:

I remember Gary Lyons, although I havent seen or heard anything of him for about 15 years

Hi Robarb39, did you know John McClung, he was a regular on m/e?

Ive heard Christmas day that Gary Lyons is still m/e working & Bill sadler has got 9 years for drug smuggling recently, is in I.O.W. nick :open_mouth: it’s a sad end for me as he was a good boss to work for. Not heard what has happened to Keith Jennings though.

Robarb,I see you are from Southport,do you know Micky Cosgrove? Worked for Dow Freight on M/E and last I saw of him he was driving containers for Goodway’s Manchester depot.

Hi KW, sorry don’t know your pal i have only been in southport a short while, spent most time around dukinfield, hyde & stalybridge working out of terry metclafes yard.

penfold:
Hi Robarb39, did you know John McClung, he was a regular on m/e?

I did. Where is he now?

Also Rocket Ron Wright, now in a timber wharf Nr Scunthorpe.

Any more?

Kate - Last saw John when I worked with him on containers for Alec Petch out of Snaith nr Goole.

penfold:
Kate - Last saw John when I worked with him on containers for Alec Petch out of Snaith nr Goole.

Was Harold Clark and Mick Franks there then? and ■■■■ Whiteley in the workshop :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes Malc, all 3 were still there when I left about 2 years ago. I understand that Harold (H) later left to work for Hygena but came back again. I don’t know how ■■■■ is doing now but I’d heard that he’d got seriously ill :frowning:

Wheel Nut:

penfold:

Was Harold Clark and Mick Franks there then? and ■■■■ Whiteley in the workshop :stuck_out_tongue:

wheelnut can you or anyone help me i need some numbers of people who do sellers as you know i live in thailand and maybe can do 3/4 on spin then fly back home from m/e only 6 hrs send me a post or a pm all best egg on legs

Egg, I dont know anyone doing sellers now, the only stories I hear are the new Astran roundtripping.

I saw that South African guy yesterday, Rowley someone who did ME

Wheel Nut:
Egg, I dont know anyone doing sellers now, the only stories I hear are the new Astran roundtripping.

I saw that South
African guy yesterday, Rowley someone who did ME

you mean rowley long? anyway thanks egg