M&C Transport Tiptree/ Braintree

Anybody got any photos of M&C transport trucks doing middle east.

Geoff, theres a chap on here by the name of M&CJamie, ex M/E driver, has posted quite a bit on the subject, try a search of his name.

Cheers, bullitt.

I used to work there with Jamie many years ago… But have lost all of the photos of my time in the middle east.

Geoff, sorry but i have no pictures, other than in my memories, of those days. I will contact my son and ask him to look about in my old stuff left back in my house in the UK and if he finds any i will get him to scan and send to me. But don’t hold your breath. What is your surname mate as we must know eachother ■■ Are you “Gloria” by any chance ■■

I done most of the mechanical work for Mervyn whilst i worked for Quest Motors in Braintree and then Stansted Container Services in Gt. Dunmow.

Then M & C became big enough to warrant employing his own fitter, so i went to work for him full time. I stayed there until the end, when the decline in work and too much alcohol took it’s affect and M & C Transport started to decline. I then started my own company, Greyhound Commercials, and still looked after the trucks that Merv had left until he packed up altogether.

Christ did my life take a change of direction when i first met Mervyn !!

I owe that man so much, the experiences i had, the places i went either driving one of the trucks when the driver had a week or three off, or doubling up with one of the trucks to get to one which was broken down somewhere between the UK and anywhere in the M/E. I’ve done many a clutch, wheel bearing, Injector pump or water pump etc on the side of the road, then return home with the repaired truck.

The characters that i have been lucky enough to meet and become friends with…

I often wish that i were able to go and visit Mervyn now that he is somewhat disabled, but living here in Thailand makes it not so easy a thing to do. But be sure that if ever i visit the UK again i will make a point of going to see the chap who had such an effect on my life, truely one of lifes great characters along with many of the men that worked for him over the years and i was lucky enough to get to know.

Steve.

M&C steve:
I done most of the mechanical work for Mervyn whilst i worked for Quest Motors in Braintree and then Stansted Container Services in Gt. Dunmow.

Then M & C became big enough to warrant employing his own fitter, so i went to work for him full time.

Christ did my life take a change of direction !!

I owe that man so much, the experiences i had, the places i went either driving one of the trucks when the driver had a week or three off, or doubling up with one of the trucks to get to one which was broken down somewhere between the UK and anywhere in the M/E. I’ve done many a clutch, wheel bearing, Injector pump or water pump etc on the side of the road, then return home with the repaired truck.

The characters that i have been lucky enough to meet and become friends with…

I often wish that i were able to go and visit Mervyn now that he is somewhat disabled, but living here in Thailand makes it not so easy a thing to do. But be sure that if ever i visit the UK again i will make a point of going to see the chap who had such an effect on my life, truely one of lifes great characters along with many of the men that worked for him over the years and i was lucky enough to get to know.

Steve.

Indeed Steve, he has certainly been another one of life’s characters and has lived the life of two men. :sunglasses: By the way, whatever happened to Ray Usher :question:

[/quote]
Indeed Steve, he has certainly been another one of life’s characters and has lived the life of two men. :sunglasses: By the way, whatever happened to Ray Usher :question:
[/quote]
Ray, or Norman as he prefers to be known, is still alive and kicking. He is retired now and living in Castle Hedingham, we chat via MSN Messenger every day or three. In fact i told him about this site a few days ago and he is now registered on here as “M & C NTC”. Send him a message as he would most likely like to hear from any mates of old.

Do you also know Chris Everitt ■■ He also lives out here in Thailand and should be joining this site soon too. But as chris is not very good with the internet maybe he is waiting for me to visit him again and register on here for him.

Steve.