jobs

hi guys some of u may of red my last post about jobs in derby,some of u said that it wasnt put across very good, so heres my second atempt.

Right im 19 year male who has always wanted to be a lorry driver, i did flat bed van driving all around the uk for near 2 years before that i worked in the yard cleaning trailers and general yard jobs, so i dont mind working my way up, i got sacked on what had been a pretty bad day, i lost part of my load in a silly mistake that shudnt 0f been made, nothin was damaged i picked the box back up and went on my way, the boss found out and sacked me on the spot, ive now lost my lience but hope to get it back in the next month or so, for now im simple looking for yard work in or around derby,i hope to work my way up to be a class 1 driver, i can read a map well, rope and sheet very well, and i have a flt lience, i can also shunt a tuck and trailer pretty well, the yard was very small i worked in.if any nos of any jobs like this goin i would be very gratefull for the heads up, im a hard worker and dont mind puttung in the hours. cheers guys

I’m sorry to hear about your situation.

What did you lose your licence for? Surely it wasn’t for losing a box off your flat bed - a box that you put straight back on before driving off again?

You got sacked for something many drivers wouldn’t get sacked for - so where does the loss of your licence come into all of this?

ANDY1961:

What did you lose your licence for? Surely it wasn’t for losing a box off your flat bed - a box that you put straight back on before driving off again?

You got sacked for something many drivers wouldn’t get sacked for - so where does the loss of your licence come into all of this?

if i remember correctly it was for driving his car with no insurance through no reall fault of his own, for what ever reason the DD failed to the insurance company hence his policy was cancelled without him knowing, got pulled for routine and cops did him for it…i think… :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

if u had read my orther post that was ■■■■, then u would no it was a plastic box that had nothin in it, cuz i had lost my job, i manged to get a part time job in a bar adn i was paying my car insurance as and when i could, as i needed the car. the insurance new the situation and they said as long as im paying it they would keep it on for me, i later got pulled on my home from work for having no insurance, they had cancled it without telling me, which they dont have to do, so i got my lience revoked.

Cruise Control:

ANDY1961:

if i remember correctly it was for driving his car with no insurance through no reall fault of his own, for what ever reason the DD failed to the insurance company hence his policy was cancelled without him knowing, got pulled for routine and cops did him for it…i think… :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

yer thats it mate, luckyl i didnt get banned so i onli have to wait untill i have the funds to pay for my test again

orionadam1:
if u had read my orther post that was [zb], then u would no it was a plastic box that had nothin in it

thats a little harsh mate, he was only asking as he might not of seen your original post a few weeks ago :exclamation: :exclamation:

yer sorry for that mate read it wrong, wasnt intended to be arsey

For you to get a job as a driver you will need to have absolutely exceptional driving skills to compensate for your appalling literacy ability.If you hope to secure a job after applying in writing you will be sadly disappointed.Any time spent waiting for the return of you licence would be best spent attending an adult literacy course,try contact Learn Direct they may be able to help you.

Cruise Control:

orionadam1:
if u had read my orther post that was [zb], then u would no it was a plastic box that had nothin in it

thats a little harsh mate, he was only asking as he might not of seen your original post a few weeks ago :exclamation: :exclamation:

Ha, ha! Yes I was going to come back and tell him that I thought he was a bit abrupt with me!

Anyway thanks Cruise Control, because you were right - I hadn’t seen his original post from a few weeks ago.

He must be having a bad day today as well!

:wink: :wink:

i dont mean to rude mate but how many ■■■■■■■ lorry drivers do u no that have grade As in literacy, very few, a driving job shudnt be sercured on my english but how well i do the job, sick of guys like picking at my posts

sorry mate its been a bad past few months, when no 1 is willing to give you a chance, and people go on about bringing young blood into the industry, hello how can we get into the industry when no one will us a chance

orionadam1:
i dont mean to rude mate but how many [zb] lorry drivers do u no that have grade As in literacy, very few, a driving job shudnt be sercured on my english but how well i do the job, sick of guys like picking at my posts

dont rise to the bate, :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: that’s exactly the sort of provoked responce they want, to try and antagonize you and it’s working.

just ignore it, as if memory serves me correct we went down this route before with your last topic about jobs :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

yer we did, i simple posted this to see there was any hualage companies willing to give a chance

mate, you ll learn on this site that 90% are ok…there are a few that have full time jobs,can spell and love a scandal and causing trouble

Of course literacy is an irrelevance to a truck driver,they never need to read and write ? How would you fill out a tachograph ,use a thumbprint ? Vehicle defect sheets,anything more than a tick in the box and you would be stuffed.How would you fill in an accident report form or write out a delivery note ? These are all basic,everyday tasks that an employer would expect to be fulfilled.For anyone reading this, to deny that they are requisite and then consider themselves to be professional are sadly deluded.

im learning that now mate, it just seems a shame some people judge all 18/19 as the same, do they not remeber back when they was this age wen all they wanted to do was drive a wagon, these negitave people make me determind to get into this industry

Deathstar:
Of course literacy is an irrelevance to a truck driver,they never need to read and write ? How would you fill out a tachograph ,use a thumbprint ? Vehicle defect sheets,anything more than a tick in the box and you would be stuffed.How would you fill in an accident report form or write out a delivery note ? These are all basic,everyday tasks that an employer would expect to be fulfilled.For anyone reading this, to deny that they are requisite and then consider themselves to be professional are sadly deluded.

yes i understand this mate as ive all ready doen all of the above bar the tacho, it dosent have to be perfect, i can read and write very well, i just type to quickly on the computer and some times miss out a few letters, wheres the big problem

orionadam1:
i just type to quickly on the computer and some times miss out a few letters

Me too :blush:
Then I try to go back and edit it before anyone notices but I’ll guarantee that some one quotes it before I can do so :laughing:

yer i think its sad, but hey if they have no life and find entertainment in picking at my posts, i guess it would be cruel of me to stop them doin it, bless them

ROG:

orionadam1:
i just type to quickly on the computer and some times miss out a few letters

Me too :blush:
Then I try to go back and edit it before anyone notices but I’ll guarantee that some one quotes it before I can do so :laughing:

ROG - I’m never one to miss an opportunity do this to one of your posts that have spelling and grammar errors in it and blame it on your (old) age :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: