Job Opportunity in Canada

I have a job opportunity for someone from the uk wanting to come and work here in Alberta!

Please feel free to contact me or to ask any questions - and please I only want people who are serious about this - I have stuck my neck out too many times only for people to let me down :unamused:

The company deals in refrigeration grain and livestock

so if you are in a position to pack up and move fairly quickly and are positive it is what you want then feel free to pm me

thanks

Sez

Refrigeration, grain and livestock? Those are 3 distinctly different parts of the transportation industry, requiring 3 different types of equipment.

My guess is that they are looking primarily for livestock hauliers, known as ā€œbull-haulersā€ in the business. You would be carrying double-deck livestock trailers from feed lots to abbatoirs in rural locales, for the most part. Lots of driving down dirt roads, covered with mud, then youā€™ll need to clean the trailer out between runs.

why you making guesses for a company you know nothing aboutā– ā– ?

they could be looking for any of those three they deal in them all

anyway its down to the driver that is interested it - maybe he will be interested in working with cattle :unamused:

also they are gravel roads here at this end but not too many they go down and you dont need to clean the trailer out between runs a scrape out is good enough to be cattle ready here in any case they do it for ya here while u sit inside drinking a nice cup of coffee :smiley:

Is it anywhere near Wainwright? I was posted there for a long time and throughly enjoyed my time there.

As for emigrating, i donā€™t know after hearing all the horror stories of needing X amount of cash and this that and the other :unamused: :unamused:

Though i could be tempted if the right vacancy came up, Mrs Linux loved Canada too especially the Edmonton centre. You wouldnā€™t believe the amount of times i had to drag her out of the Sherlock Holmes after a Guinness or two :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

I did look into it once but that was along time ago and iā€™d bet the whole process has changed now anyway but i couldnā€™t go back to Vermillion and iā€™m not posting why on here :wink: :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Even after all these years i still miss Canada, couldnā€™t wait to get out of USA though.

no its more on a level with medicine hat about 2 hours esat of there :slight_smile:

i still havent been to the mall - cant wait

i think it must be easier to come to canada than it was then! i am not sure - obviously you need money your going to have to set up home again
there is a shortage of drivers here - you have to be careful tho of companies promising the earth and research things well!
we have been here since may and it takes 6 to 8 months to get your residency - its a fast track way of getting in with a work permit

sez

The Mall is great, or was. Last time we went Mrs Linux threw a paddy as they had opened a Hooterā€™s opposite the Sherlock :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley: needless to say you can guess what everyone was paying attention to :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I would seriously consider it if the right job was there, but i can see it taking alot of time to get things sorted for moving and, of course there is the money issue :cry: :cry: if i remember rightly you needed $2000 per adult upon landing in Canada, is that still the case? (it was along time ago)

Would the 3 years i lived there when in the Forces count?

Now Med hat, what a place. Iā€™m probably still banned from the Silver Buckle if itā€™s still there :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

i dont think you need money on landing but you do have to show u can support yourself when u apply for residency and it is an expense emigrating so you would need some to set u up with a new life - luckily we have plenty of equity in our homeā€¦u soiund like u were a bit of a lush eh? lol

sez

I have no idea what you mean by a bit of a lush.

I am going to stop looking in this thread as it is very tempting to call the embassy on Monday and get the bumf.

I had a serious good time there and i very much doubt that it would be the same now. I am perfectly happy to live with the memories that i have, thatā€™s not to say that a holiday couldnā€™t be arranged :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Please stop teasing me now about Canada, but i wish you the best over there and iā€™m not really jealous :cry: :cry: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

Truth be told i am sure that i wouldnā€™t be settled anywhere, i just have to travel and it is only because of Jnr that i have stayed in one place so atleast he has a stable upbringing. Mine was something totally different, to say i have lived in a few countries is an understatment. I always want to be somewhere different, does that make sense or am i rabbiting on?

PS Whatā€™s the job and how much experience do you needā– ā– ? :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

is a carrot being dangled? lol

lush= likes a bit of a drink :open_mouth:
not sure what the job would entail you would need to call them.
you need 2 years experience of driving but you do need to retake your test and do an air brake testā€¦

we love it here but its not for everyone i guess!

sez

Cattleman:
is a carrot being dangled? lol

lush= likes a bit of a drink :open_mouth:

Yes the carrot is being dangled :cry: :cry:

I used to have a drink every now and then :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

If i was able to just fly over with a suitcase iā€™d be there tomorrow, but i doubt thatā€™s allowed which is a shame.

why are u not allowed? lol

sez

Linux-user:
The Mall is great, or was. Last time we went Mrs Linux threw a paddy as they had opened a Hooterā€™s opposite the Sherlock :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley: needless to say you can guess what everyone was paying attention to :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I would seriously consider it if the right job was there, but i can see it taking alot of time to get things sorted for moving and, of course there is the money issue :cry: :cry: if i remember rightly you needed $2000 per adult upon landing in Canada, is that still the case? (it was along time ago)

Now Med hat, what a place. Iā€™m probably still banned from the Silver Buckle if itā€™s still there :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

yea me too ROFPMSL

Cattleman:
why are u not allowed? lol

sez

Hmmmm now thereā€™s an idea :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Got a spare room?? :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

David5l:

Linux-user:

yea me too ROFPMSL

You too? What a place that was/is :wink: :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

first place i seen a women tie her curtains in a knot lol

you got banned from the silver buckle i can go one better i got barred from that quality pub the assinaboiya inn :sunglasses: i could not belive it but hell i had some good times there even played some ice hockey later guys :smiley:

Whatā€™s the matter Cattleman does everybody in Alberta have you all figured out.
I think so.

wow canada why wud anyone in there rite minded give up work in england to go to canada ? its not a better life there!!

What is Canada like then? I imagine it to be peaceful and safe, but on the downside a little boring. Iā€™m sure this is just my prejudices showing, I only ever went there for 20 minutes, to refuel at Gander International Airport and thatā€™s not enough to form an honest opinion.

You mean you took Brit Petes route to Spain Harryā€¦? :laughing: