Canada

Hi all new to this forum.

Looking to move to Canada ASAP, I have no ties (car mortgage etc) and I’m single so can go whenever, I know I need an LMO and a job offer from a company that does these and that I have to retake my test, all I would like to know is companies that are doing LMO’s so I can apply, I would like to go to Alberta but I’m not overly fussed, I have the money in my back pocket so just want to get going. I have 12 years driving experience throughout Europe, fridges, tauts, flatbed and previously drove fuel tankers.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Hi millionmiles84, while I,m no longer a trucker pretty sure the ex pat Canadian truckers will be on later to give you all the good stuff. :sunglasses: :wink:
ray

Cheers Ray I’m looking forward to it, cant wait to get out there.
PS sorry to hear your bad news.

thanks millionmiles84 , waiting call back to find out whats what and who dropped the ball and who is telling porkies.
ray

Any company can apply for an LMO, some already have some pre-approved and others just apply as and when a driver wants a job. I know very little about Alberta companies outside of the big red menace and thats only hear say, although I tend to believe most, if not all of it as it mirrors very closely to my own experiences with fridge work on this side of the country.
I don’t think there will be any shortage of companies willing to take you on, in any part of Canada.

flyer747:
thanks millionmiles84 , waiting call back to find out whats what and who dropped the ball and who is telling porkies.
ray

Fingers crossed for you mate. Its appalling that there can be any confusion over something like this and you can be told one minute that she’s all clear, only to be dropped from a great height days later. I won’t pretend that I can understand how you’re feeling, but my thoughts are with you and have been since reading your other post last night. I really hope this all works out for the best.

Just had an email from B and D walter trucking in Lethbridge, Has 5 LMO’s and has asked for my drivers licence which ive emailed and a Skype interview, so exciting stuff. :smiley:

Thanks robinhood_1984, just called the doc,s nurse and he,s gonna call me soon, so I,m going to talk to the horses mouth :angry: :unamused: .
ray

hey millionmiles84 , great for you, hope it works out for you. when you need to fly out check out these airlines …Air Transat…Air Canada…B.A…or catch a flight to US then a flight to Canada, you have options. most flights to the US are from LONDON HEATHROW but there are one or two from other UK airports. best of luck.
ray

flyer747:
hey millionmiles84 , great for you, hope it works out for you. when you need to fly out check out these airlines …Air Transat…Air Canada…B.A…or catch a flight to US then a flight to Canada, you have options. most flights to the US are from LONDON HEATHROW but there are one or two from other UK airports. best of luck.
ray

He’s no need mate, as part of the LMO the company have to sort flight out.

Hi millionmiles 84 good luck with your interview. Let us know how it went. Im hoping to go out there within a couple of months. Its really exciting stuff eh.

Hey mickfly, ooops didn,t know that
ray

mickfly:

flyer747:
ray

He’s no need mate, as part of the LMO the company have to sort flight out.

Do they get the money back through the government or summit?

No the company pays for the flights and any training etc that they put you through, the Government gives the companies SFA, they even charge for the LMO :wink:

millionmiles84:
Just had an email from B and D walter trucking in Lethbridge, Has 5 LMO’s and has asked for my drivers licence which ive emailed and a Skype interview, so exciting stuff. :smiley:

So how did it go? We’re all waiting with baited breath! :question:

newmercman:
No the company pays for the flights and any training etc that they put you through, the Government gives the companies SFA, they even charge for the LMO :wink:

Not all companies pay for training or accommodation whilst training.

mickfly:

newmercman:

Not all companies pay for training or accommodation whilst training.

I know, which is why I said that the company pays for any training that they put you through :open_mouth:

You take your class one at your own expense, some companies will pay for it with the understanding that you serve a specific amount of time with them, or if you leave before that you reimburse them a percentage, depending on how long you stick around :wink:

Mine was free at BFS, they said they would charge me, so I asked for an invoice (which never arrived) so I could claim it against my taxes :sunglasses:

bollox ,cost me 600 bucks for my test which was taken in stage payments out of my pay :unamused: . All other training /orientation was paid .Fun times all the same :slight_smile: .

It was supposed to be paid back if I didn’t do three years, but they can’t take it from your wages without your permission, as Dave lmfao 66 proved when he took em to a tribunal and won :sunglasses:

In my case I first told em ■■■■■■■■ as I thought the “training” was diabolical, I needed help with the air brake and pretrip part, I didn’t need teaching how to drive a lorry as I’d been doing that for over 20yrs and the lazy fat ■■■■ “trainer” left me to teach myself while he spent half the day asleep in the passenger seat with the other “trainee” driving him around :unamused:

Then I insisted on a return flight to England as per the terms of the LMO, I wasn’t going to use it as I had already started at PBT, but if they wanted $ off me I would’ve taken great pleasure in setting fire to it in their reception :imp:

millionmiles84:

Howd it go