Job offered, class 1

hi guys, just had a job offer from p.a dunwell,of there immingham base, can anybody tell me if this company is ok to work for,or has anybody worked for them, great if you can thanks,

No offence mate, but give it a go and make your own mind up…

Someone may be able to tell you wages, bonus’, hours expected etc, but you can get all those details by asking the employer.

Good luck and enjoy the new job

if you are a newb you aint got a lot to lose. quite the opposite infact :smiley:

Address:
Manby Road
Immingham
South Humberside
DN40 2LG
Telephone: 01469 577 769
Fax: 01472 852 553

take the job pal get the experience if there ■■■■ to work for all your doin is gettin time under your belt an can look else were but at least you will b working in the meantime good luck pal :smiley:

Take the job it will be a great learning curve for you if you are a newb/wanabe. Will this be your first driving job as a wanabe? Are you up to speed with all the driving regs / times and rest periods. Will this job involve early am starts / nights out and cooking for yourself, if so are you capable of doing such tasks or are you a 9 til 5 guy. Hope this helps mate, trucking is a lonely road, if you have a wife and kids you wont for long, good luck guy :smiley:

Don’t take that job, I wouldn’t is all I’m saying.

once again coffee is right.

I dont agree, if your from the area it will give you a good insight to the ferry trailer job, how the docks work, stripping tilts, sliding roofs, bulbs and lens requirements, car part collections, most of the jobs in the area are ferry trailer work, stick it 3 months and get some experience then when you go looking for another job and they ask you if you have trl experience you can say yes, from what I hear he may not be the “easiest” employer to get along with but at least when you look elsewhere you can say you know the craic.
Rome wasnt built in a day…
Lrm

Go for it mate what have you to lose, I remember quite recently spending £2400 for the pleasure of 8 days sharing a cab with another cab rat would be.

I don’t ask the agency how much, just where to, they gave me class 2 from the start and after 4 weeks class one work zero experience.

Anyway once all the those too experienced to be bothered about the DCPC the world will be our oyster muhhhhahahaaaa. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just joking about the DCPC I think employed drivers paying to train themselves is a scandal, and more so if the training is about teaching yer granny to sook eggs.

Coffeeholic:

whats so bad about it coffee

I have been married for many years and have two young daughters. If you use some common sense and put your family first you can still have a fulfilling driving career.
As regards the company sorry I don’t know. My guess is the Coffeeholic fella does.

cliffton 27:

Coffeeholic:

I wouldn’t is all I’m saying.

Can’t you read?

44 Tonne Ton:

cliffton 27:

Coffeeholic:

I wouldn’t is all I’m saying.

Can’t you read?

yea i can read just fine 44 tonne it was a straight question coffee said dont take it i was just wondering if he knew anything about the firm etc an if he does should he not give the person who made op some heads up was a straight question pal not bein fly or anything

Used to know Paul when he was an owner driver nice guy but apparently hard to work for. Know a few who have worked there but he gets through drivers. I think its early 400’s take home for a full week away. Trucks are ok but you have to clean it at end of the week. Does a mix of ferry trailer work, all the usual suspects, cobelfret, ewals, estron, etc. Hope this helps.

RUN, RUN towards the light dont look back, if it’s a choice between Dunwell or having your testicles removed with a rusty carving knife go for choice no2.