JCB Fastrack

are these allowed on the motorway ? seen one on the m6 yesterdaybut dont recall seeing one on a motorway before.

Not sure about that but I got a real shock when I caught a regular JCB up on the Dartford crossing, I didn,t realise its not actually motorway status!

mikermhh:
Not sure about that but I got a real shock when I caught a regular JCB up on the Dartford crossing, I didn,t realise its not actually motorway status!

It can be fun arguing with people about the M25 not being a complete circle. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :smiley: From memory is the crossing something like the A282?

ac1:
are these allowed on the motorway ? seen one on the m6 yesterdaybut dont recall seeing one on a motorway before.

I think it is allowed as it has a high enough top speed

Not sure about motorways BUT , see enought of the ■■■■■■■ on the roads carring 10 pallets of pottatos etc ! on a trailer , basicly they are just by passing the hauler out a job :imp:

Fallmonk:
Not sure about motorways BUT , see enought of the [zb] on the roads carring 10 pallets of pottatos etc ! on a trailer , basicly they are just by passing the hauler out a job :imp:

and running on red diesel, no O licence and a 17yr old driver :wink:

( although some do use white and O licences :open_mouth: )

Denis F:
and running on red diesel, no O licence and a 17yr old driver :wink:

Like most ■■■■■■ in a transit then… :laughing: :wink:

Fastracs have disc brakes/ABS and a top speed of 80kph. (Unless you’re stuck behind one, when they have a top speed of 1kph :unamused: )

Yes it is legal, aslong as its running on white diesel and licenced and taxed correctly.

Henrys cat:
Yes it is legal, aslong as its running on white diesel and licenced and taxed correctly.

Yes but how many of them do it legally

yes thay are.
ive driven one from germany to the uk .(military)
but yes anyway as long as its taxed,registered and running on white.

Coffeeholic:

mikermhh:

It can be fun arguing with people about the M25 not being a complete circle. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :smiley: From memory is the crossing something like the A282?

yes it’s the A282(T) actually - until the M6 Toll opened I’d assumed it was something to do with them not being able to charge tolls on motorways - now I presume it’s just to do with non-motorway traffic being able to cross the Thames without going up to Blackwall (A102M :confused: ) or further

unless anyone has a more interesting urban myth? :laughing:

Hey Dave
Yours from BOAR to UK was prob a Unimog (early version of fast track), but in answer to the original question then with tax and mot yes.

zorba:
Hey Dave
Yours from BOAR to UK was prob a Unimog (early version of fast track), but in answer to the original question then with tax and mot yes.

no mate, definetly a fastrac. what gave it away was the jcb and fastrac written on the sides :wink: not the mercedes moggie which would flip over and kill yer if you stamped on the anchors to hard.

The 17yr old driver thing is so true, where I live here in Banbridge im literally on the very outskirts of the town, with only countryside at my front door, and when i go out for a smoke i can see young lads driving tractors with very long low loaders on the back, now I might be mistaken, but I thought you needed a class 1 to drive these. And again im sure they arent running on white. My main point here is as a father of two very young children, if one of these numpties should hit one of my kids, I wouldnt have a leg to stand on legally because they are not legal, if ya get my point.

Back to topic, the fastrac is an amzing peice of kit, one passed me on the M1 at sprucefield the other day and they have serious road presence.

Kev

jj72:

Coffeeholic:

mikermhh:

yes it’s the A282(T) actually - until the M6 Toll opened I’d assumed it was something to do with them not being able to charge tolls on motorways - now I presume it’s just to do with non-motorway traffic being able to cross the Thames without going up to Blackwall (A102M :confused: ) or further

Those of us living in or near South Wales know that they’ve been charging tolls on motorways for quite a few years.

I’m sure that it’s due to the non-motorway traffic thing.

Of course, the first Thames crossing after Dartford is Woolwich Ferry…

Yes, but that’s a right pain in the arse. On Friday at about 2pm it was a one boat service with 2 hour delays and people were still queing

Henrys cat:

and a gross train weight not exceeding 24,240 kgs…yer right :confused: :unamused: