Tractor on m25

Anybody see a tractor on m25 j29 anti clockwise area on fri around half 11. I didn’t think this was legal at also had a trailer with straw bails. It was weird to see.

If between Thurrock one dartford it’s ok as crossing is a A road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No mate I got on at 29 and it was towards the a12.

red7jase:
No mate I got on at 29 and it was towards the a12.

No he should not have been there
Rule 253
Prohibited vehicles. Motorways MUST NOT be used by pedestrians, holders of provisional motorcycle or car licences, riders of motorcycles under 50 cc, cyclists, horse riders, certain slow-moving vehicles and those carrying oversized loads (except by special permission), agricultural vehicles, and powered wheelchairs/powered mobility scooters (see Rules 36 to 46 inclusive).

From 4 June 2018 provisional licence holders may drive on the motorway if they are accompanied by an approved driving instructor and are driving a car displaying red L plates (D plates in Wales), that’s fitted with dual controls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was it a JCB Fastrack as they do about 40mph and they could probably be allowed on motorways. Sure a vehicle must be able to exceed at least 40mph to go on a motorway. No worse then a crane bumbling along like a snail.

I could be wrong but remember getting dragged off at the lights in a merc van by a Fast track as I didn’t know how bloody quick those things were when I was a youngster.

Although thinking about it I think I’m thinking of dual carriageways rather than motorways.

I Think with Tractors it depends how they have been classed and set up. If they have a high speed gearbox which fastrac’s and Fendt’s can have, maybe more makes too, and they are run on white diesel, the driver has a C + E licence and a few other rules then they are not Agricultural but basically a 4 wheel drive lorry.

But if it was something like a Massey Ferguson 35 then they were probably lost :smiley:

simcor:
Was it a JCB Fastrack as they do about 40mph and they could probably be allowed on motorways. Sure a vehicle must be able to exceed at least 40mph to go on a motorway. No worse then a crane bumbling along like a snail.

I could be wrong but remember getting dragged off at the lights in a merc van by a Fast track as I didn’t know how bloody quick those things were when I was a youngster.

Although thinking about it I think I’m thinking of dual carriageways rather than motorways.

No worse then a crane bumbling along like a snail.OR NISAN MICRA

There was a jcb fast tack and bulk blower trailer that ran up and down windy hill on the m62 regular and along the m61 , it was tugged by the police regular when it started but he kept going so must have met the requirements.

Ive seen a John Deere tractor on the M62 at Goole a couple of times, going from Goole towards the M180 . No trailer and travelling in excess of 40mph