jack richards

hi to all,does anyone have any info on these?has anyone worked for them?plse pm if prefered,cheers :smiley: :smiley:

I know that 3 or 4 weeks ago they were advertising for drivers on their website . . . . . . . . . . . . at the same time as an article about them was published in one of the main truck mags. In the article the ‘boss’ stated that he has 10+ enquiries per day from drivers looking for work. I know of one person who competed their online application but, despite being a ‘good guy’ didn’t hear anything back.

Don’t really make sense. :confused:

I was talking to one of their drivers the other week as i’ve been toying with the idea of applying to them as my mum lives 2 minutes away from their yard in Fakenham…he said they were a good company,motors are clean and well looked after,payed monthly, 4/5 nights away, BUT it can be very early starts like 2-3am some mornings and you are expected to work a full day EVERY OTHER SATURDAY!!!(1 in 2)…which i think catches quite a few people out :wink:

A good operation. Good tackle, and rightly have a lot of people looking for work with them.

If you go to their website: http://www.jackrichards.co.uk you’ll see they are still advertising for drivers.

It’s very clear what they’re looking for.

HGV CAT C+E 1 Drivers - Fakenham & Wisbech
Motivated and reliable HGV drivers required for tramping. You must be flexible and prepared to work hard in return you will be paid well, drive a DAF XF 105 or Volvo FH 12 and become part of a great team.
Only apply for any of the above vacancies if you are prepared to work alternate Saturdays and are prepared for 4-5 nights out each week.

Just bear in mind the paragraph below that:

Applicants who have not heard within 28 days of submitting their application should consider themselves unsuccessful on this occasion (Your Details will be held on file for future vacancies)
Please do not contact us by telephone unless our personnel department has already contacted you.

BUT, as has already been said, they get a lot of applications and there are a lot of drivers who apply and never hear anything back. Which personally, I think ■■■■■! If someone takes the time to apply for an advertised job, then companies should at least have the courtesy to acknowledge the time spent. But hey, what do I know?

If you’re a superstar driver, with an unblemished driving record, send in your application. And let us know if anything happens. (My guess is it won’t!)

From what I hear, Jack Richards are a traditional haulage company, in that they actually expect you to work for your money, they dont use fancy phrases like logistics, instead they give you a load and want you to deliver it- not rocket science,

All accounts I hear is that they run dead legal, the wagons are not the top of the range, but are more than adequate for the job, well maintained.

Money is about average for the area, but I hear they do treat drivers with some respect.

In short, good decent work, legal, decent motors, acceptable for the area wages- you could do far worse !!

EastAnglianTrucker:
A good operation. Good tackle, and rightly have a lot of people looking for work with them.

If you go to their website: http://www.jackrichards.co.uk you’ll see they are still advertising for drivers.

It’s very clear what they’re looking for.

HGV CAT C+E 1 Drivers - Fakenham & Wisbech
Motivated and reliable HGV drivers required for tramping. You must be flexible and prepared to work hard in return you will be paid well, drive a DAF XF 105 or Volvo FH 12 and become part of a great team.
Only apply for any of the above vacancies if you are prepared to work alternate Saturdays and are prepared for 4-5 nights out each week.

Just bear in mind the paragraph below that:

Applicants who have not heard within 28 days of submitting their application should consider themselves unsuccessful on this occasion (Your Details will be held on file for future vacancies)
Please do not contact us by telephone unless our personnel department has already contacted you.

BUT, as has already been said, they get a lot of applications and there are a lot of drivers who apply and never hear anything back. Which personally, I think ■■■■■! If someone takes the time to apply for an advertised job, then companies should at least have the courtesy to acknowledge the time spent. But hey, what do I know?

If you’re a superstar driver, with an unblemished driving record, send in your application. And let us know if anything happens. (My guess is it won’t!)

Not hearing anything from job applications is the norm these days. Out of 55 applications I made 58% didn’t bother to reply. In one case I had an interview, two weeks later a driving assessment and heard nothing more.

it says on the back of their trailers something like “you are following the best, jack richards”

it should say “you are overtaking the slowest, jack richards”