Any Jack Richards drivers on here

Hi
Ive just been offered a job at Jack Richards doing 4 on 4 off and they have sold the job to me really well. Id like to know from the actual drivers what the job is like and what wages is like after tax I know it’s a touchy subject asking about pay but I’ve been promised the earth before and it ends up nowt like they say

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I haven’t worked for them, but one thing i’ve learned over many years is…what’s in writing is what you will get, fantastic figures of hours and wages they seem to pluck from their collective arse often refer to the blue eyed boy and his mate (wouldn’t be the first time it’s the driver’s reps, so no rocking the boat happening any time soon :unamused: ), the reality for the rest of us without the blue eyed connection is often, as you’ve found, somewhat different.

Hopefully this is the exception to that rule, and it works out for you mate.

Eagerbeaver used to work for them.

How does £390 top line sound to u

xichrisxi:

Wrong yellow Chris :wink:

You are thinking of Canute mate.

Take home between £1500 - £1700 per month depending on what worked weekends fall into what month, options to work your days off, will be told you have to keep your truck clean but in the same breathe you are told you have to buy your own wash brush as the company are sick of buying them only for them to be broken !!, prepare yourself for a lot more BS like this !!

eagerbeaver:

xichrisxi:

I think he just assumed with your work record, you must have worked for them at some point. :laughing:

I thought they were one of the best. :smiley: :smiley:

muckles:

eagerbeaver:

xichrisxi:

I think he just assumed with your work record, you must have worked for them at some point. :laughing:

Fair point, well made :grimacing:

I worked for JR as their youngest driver circa 88. Not the best pay but was certainly the best company i ever worked for…

vikingpete:

Only if your behind them!!!

Old Scuffer:

vikingpete:

Only if your behind them!!!

‘‘Youre Following one of the best…Jack’’

muckles:

eagerbeaver:

xichrisxi:

file-3.jpg

B.s percentage pay .I just told them to shove it.
good luck.

matt38mc:
Take home between £1500 - £1700 per month depending on what worked weekends fall into what month, options to work your days off, will be told you have to keep your truck clean but in the same breathe you are told you have to buy your own wash brush as the company are sick of buying them only for them to be broken !!, prepare yourself for a lot more BS like this !!

That’s a bit like saying you have to buy your own tyres because the company is sick of drivers wearing them out. :wink:

£1500-1700 is a joke if true.

adam277:

Indeed it is!!!
Take away £300 for your nights out @ £15 a night and that’s £1200-1400 a month in actual wages for sleeping in a wagon…■■ that!!

adam277:

It won’t be true

xichrisxi:

adam277:

Indeed it is!!!
Take away £300 for your nights out @ £15 a night and that’s £1200-1400 a month in actual wages for sleeping in a wagon…[zb] that!!

Is that for 4on-4off? Or 5on-2 off?

from memory it worked out just under £400 net p/w mon-friday with average 3 nights out.That was going back to 88-90. Seems the pay hasnt really gone anywhere since…