I've Quit :o)

Jacked the job in today…

Had been told a pack of lies before I took it on…

Illegal tyres, that the boss is ‘runnng to the bone’ yeah right, gone past the bone and on slicks.

Main issue is hours, now no longer pays 8 hours basic, just what you worked, did 1 load yesterday, paid 3 hours, 57 mile round trip to the quarry, unpaid travelling…

Wash truck in own time with my own stuff, yeah is he gonna wash my car with his stuff.

Just cut hours (As I said before) plus rates, yet he flies around almost every evening in his own plane, stuff it, off back on the agency to earn decent money and get decent kit again…

Oh and its not just me ith a gripe, 3 other drivers walked today as well, one earned (Take home) £145 for 5 days ‘work’

where was that

Name and shame the toe rags…

No im not, reason being the guy is a nice chap, tippers have taken a big dive in work and he is struggling, to a point I think he will go under in the not too distant future… I think the plane is his way of getting away from things for a while…

As I told him before I left, he has tried to save money by not servicing trucks, to a point one Merc is on reduced power, all trucks flashing up service imediatly…

To a point I do feel sorry for the guy, to get everything back up to spec will take a lot of cash. but as I explained yesterday to him, Im in it for the money, im not a charity, nor will I work for 3 hours a day…

ER CONFUSED .COMslaggin him on one hand and reasoning it on the other :exclamation:

So he is running an illegal operation (illegal tyres, not servicing motors etc).

Better for him to go bust and the work he has to go to somebody that runs legal.

Better he goes bust than a badly maintained truck killing some poor innocent, could be your wife/mother or whoever. You would do everyone a favour by reporting this to VOSA. It isn’t grassing, well okay it is but everyone else has the same problems but still have to keep it legal.

Put it this way he wont be taking people on to replace me or the others.

The trucks that are paid off are being parked up, fingers crossed he will concentrate on getting things in order now, deep down the bloke is OK, this recession has turned him into a penny pincher, and its gone out of hand, and i think he knows it…

IF I see his trucks (The ones that are parked up) on the road, with illegal tyres, I will be on the phone to VOSA.

Fleet of white tippers does he have?

welshflyer:
Fleet of white tippers does he have?

Thought all tippers in Wales were white??

But no, we are looking multicoloured…

“IF I see his trucks (The ones that are parked up) on the road, with illegal tyres, I will be on the phone to VOSA.”

if he is running them lets hope you see them before they do any damage to anything or anyone :confused: :question:

clarkyboy:
“IF I see his trucks (The ones that are parked up) on the road, with illegal tyres, I will be on the phone to VOSA.”

if he is running them lets hope you see them before they do any damage to anything or anyone :confused: :question:

I think the tipper community in that area is close enough, that it would be reported if they move anyway, lets hope so, somehow I think hes going under… So guess the older ones will be up for sale/export soon.