I've got a job interview!

Well since passing my C+E in February I have been making a fairly good living driving class 1 for a local agency :smiley:

This work has given me loads of experience and my driving has improved so much that I have no idea how I actually did my first delivery now :stuck_out_tongue: The agency have also kept me in work everyday so I have no complaints there at all

Although the agency is looking after me I have always wanted to get something a bit more permananet so you can imagine my shock when today I recieved a call from Eddie Stobarts :open_mouth: I thought that they would just throw my application in the bin due to the time I have held my licence

I’ve got an interview next week so fingers crossed it all goes well :smiley:

Good luck mate hope, make sure you got your hard hat for all the haters :laughing:

Well I’ve got some great news :smiley:

I went down to ESL today and got the job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The assessment went really well - Its basically 21 theory questions followed by a driving assessment and I also had to close couple a fridge trailer. It was all pretty straight forward really and I found it fairly easy as I had only passed my test in February so most of the answers etc were still fresh in my mind.

I hope that this gives newbie drivers some encouragement as it does seem possible to get a good full time job not too long after passing your test.

I’m sure that the ESL haters will be along any minute :laughing:

EXCELLENT NEW MATE, nice one, well done :smiley:

When do you start? What work will you be doing? What shifts will you be doing?

Glad you got something permanent you deserve it :smiley:

Well done mate.

garnerlives:
EXCELLENT NEW MATE, nice one, well done :smiley:

When do you start? What work will you be doing? What shifts will you be doing?

Glad you got something permanent you deserve it :smiley:

Cheers Jon :smiley:

I start on the 12th July working on the chilled side of things which is fine as I’ve done quite a lot of chilled work for SPAR. The shifts to start with are a bit of a bind - My days off will be Thursday and Friday so its weekend working but the guy said that after the 3 months probation I can ask for a change which sounds fair. Its a case of getting your foot through the door - showing that you can do a good job - then getting shifts that are a bit more family friendly

I was lucky…Tesco told me i had to work every saturday, l said l didnt want to so they compromised and said every other Saturday :smiley: (i have found fluttering eyelashes get what l want ) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Maybe not quite so easy for a bloke??!

Out of curiosity, have you two got your cpc’s?

darkseeker:
Out of curiosity, have you two got your cpc’s?

I didn’t need them as I have had my C1 licence since 1984 :blush:

Having said that I have done 21 hours towards it when I did my ADR

Thanks for that marky, was wondering how much of a bearing it has, obviously it’s a bonus to the employer because they wont need to worry about it.

darkseeker:
Thanks for that marky, was wondering how much of a bearing it has, obviously it’s a bonus to the employer because they wont need to worry about it.

The guy that did my assessment told me that the person taking his assessment after me had only past his test 2 days ago - They seemed willing to take anyone who can meet their standards :wink:

I don’t think its an issue at all with the big firms

Sobbies taking on newly qualified drivers - has to be great news

I wonder if that is just in the west mids area or elsewhere as well…

Recruitment, chilled work and Stobarts… is this at the new Tesco site in Widnes by per chance? Might be tipping you soon in my lousy store warehouse job!

rob22888:
Recruitment, chilled work and Stobarts… is this at the new Tesco site in Widnes by per chance? Might be tipping you soon in my lousy store warehouse job!

No sorry mate its much further south :wink: