Interview for first driving job today

After passing my Class 2 test in Sept and finding no work down here whatsover I have finally got a lead to a job im really wanting.

After phoning all the agencies around here. i.e driver hire, best connection, More Driving to keep getting told sorry no work.

But I have found a nice job I think working nights mon till fri. 35 hrs a week for £18k.

First interview went really well… Ive been picked out of 70 applicants and made the final 10. Now those ten have to come down to only 3 of which will be sent to the company for interview on Wednesday.

So I have every finger crossed. lol

Nice one :smiley: I hope it works out. Keep us updated.

Is the job for a large national or a smaller company?

Very best of luck mate…

70 applicants for 1 job though :open_mouth: perhaps the articles I read before my training should have said 80,000 drivers looking for jobs and not 80,000 jobs looking for drivers… :confused:

i hope you get the job!!! :smiley:

Best of luck with that - let us know how u get on !!

G

Good luck :slight_smile:

its for a small company but plenty big enough for me. Sorry but i dont want to give names at this moment it time.

Yes when i did my training back in sept i was given all this blurb about how 80000 drivers short and you will just walk into a job. I wish. 4 month later still looking.

Good Luck. :wink:

35 hrs a week!!!
i didnt know you could get part time driving jobs :wink: :wink:
good luck mate i hope you get it.

Good luck fella! keep us posted. :laughing:

:cry: :frowning:

I didnt get through to the final 3 for interview. I was 4th on the list!!! Got beaten to it by 3 guys who had previous experience.

Oh well back to square one again I suppose :cry:

hgvBournemouth:
:cry: :frowning:

I didnt get through to the final 3 for interview. I was 4th on the list!!! Got beaten to it by 3 guys who had previous experience.

Oh well back to square one again I suppose :cry:

Sorry to hear that, easy for me to say, but ‘Onwards and Upwards’, keep at it you’ll get there :laughing:

bad luck mate,you never know the others may not
like the job, they might have to get back to you in a
weeks time :wink:
eitherway stick with it something will turn up.

I think they will like the job. Thats the prob. Its a cushy job. The lorry was preloaded for you and all it was delivering to local supermarkets,hotels and wholesalers from midnight till 7am mon-fri. 35hrs a week for £17750. Thats not a bad wage considering its only 35hrs a week and would have done me to start with.

Like you said something has to come along. Im hoping its a blessing in disguise.

It’s amazing the amount of disappointments that happen, that later your grateful they never happened…bear patients…somehow things always drop into place… :wink:

80,000 vacancies need filling…when i passed i thought they would be knocking at MY door!
Good luck with the interview mate.

robin hood:
80,000 vacancies need filling…when i passed i thought they would be knocking at MY door!
Good luck with the interview mate.

Indeed.

80,000 vacancies but this week in my local paper there was one permanent HGV job.

Yes…I heard that figure of 80,000 too. It makes me think that it is some kind of ploy used by companies and/or government to get more entrants to keep the wages down…but then I have tended to be a little cynical. After a few month’s looking I have just landed my first job with a builder’s merchants. So keep plugging away and good luck.