Hi all,

sorry, me again.
3663 phoned this afternoon and invited me up to their depot for a chat. I put my application in about 3 weeks ago on the off chance.
So, my suit is pressed and ready to go and must make sure to shave tomorrow. Ill keep you posted

Paul

…and the very best of luck. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks very much Pete

Does anyone know what theyre like to work for. Im not presuming for one minute that anything will come of it, but i can hope.

natsdad:
Does anyone know what theyre like to work for. Im not presuming for one minute that anything will come of it, but i can hope.

Im sure I have read something on hear about them, Is it at lee mill you have the interview?
Good luck with it, Be positive and you will get yhe job :smiley:

Good luck :slight_smile:

yeah it is up at Lee Mill, i dont know whether theyre actively taking on or i just got lucky.

Thanks very much for the good wishes.

Paul

Does anyone have any tips for getting first driving job■■?
Ive recently qualified but am finding it extremly difficult to get work with no experience

ellsy,

ive only been passed mine for a month. Ive registered with a couple of agencies. Looking at some of the posts on here 3663 and a couple of others take new drivers on, but ive applied for anything i can and phoned round aswell.

Hope this helps, although there are far more experirnced people on her than me that can probably tell you more.

Good luck

Paul

hi natsdad,with regards to 3663 it is very hard multi drop work with long hours but it is good money i believe and in my honest opinion a good place to start,you will get a good knowledge of the areas covered,driving a big vehicle in some hard to get areas,if you dont mind a bit of hard graft its a good place to start,
dont let some of the doom and gloom people on here put you off its all good experience and a stepping stone to maybe move on to more easier for a better word work in a year or so,well done mate let us know how you get on and remember seem keen and positive but im not sure about wearing a suit to be honest i would say smart,casual and remember you might do an assessment drive so take your time they will know you are new and will just expect a safe drive,good luck

Hi Paul,
If you do a quick search on here for 3663 you’ll find all the information you need and will probably wish you hadn’t :grimacing:

I’ve done foodservice (not for 3663) but doing the same sort of work. It’s an absolute nightmare if you’re new to it and don’t know where the drops are etc. Often involves very heavy pallets and manouvering in to places made almost impossible by parked cars. To be fair though once you’ve got your own run and you’re used to it I can’t imagine it’d be a bad crack. If you don’t mind very physically demanding work then I’m sure you’d be fine. I used to deliver stuff to nottingham uni at the same time as a 3663 driver and that was a woman so perhaps they don’t have stuff that’s overly heavy.

At the end of the day though you could end up with a permanent job which is not to be sniffed at! Good luck with the interview and let us know how you get on!

Thanks Chris and ruddio i will.
Ive read some of the posts on here about 3663 and some are good, some are bad but like you say, its good experience which is what im looking for. Im not averse to hard graft and if im tired at the end of the day, ive earnt my wage…a bit cliched i know.

Wouldnt you reccomend wearing a suit then.

Its actually my first “interview” in nearly 23 years so as you can imagine i want to make a good impression.

Paul

Noo no need for a suit mate. I wouldn’t wear jeans, probably go for a shirt and trousers. Don’t bother with the tie and jacket.

Shirt and trousers it is then. :slight_smile:

Noice :sunglasses:

to be honest i dont actually know what its about. the bloke on the phone said come up for a chat. Does that mean interview and i have to take my driving licence up aswell.

natsdad:
to be honest i dont actually know what its about. the bloke on the phone said come up for a chat. Does that mean interview and i have to take my driving licence up aswell.

It can’t do any harm to take your paperwork/documents/license with you - better to have them with you than not, good luck :smiley:

Just go in your work gear or smart/casual. 3663 can’t get drivers for toffee because the work is so [zb] and hard so they won’t care what you look like. The job will be yours regardless. 100% guaranteed. As you are coming in the door to start there’ll be half a dozen leaving for pastures new. VERY hard work when you don’t know the drops. Expect ■■■■■■■■ customers who will want you to drag 1 tonne pallets and cages up 18 flights of stairs and put the stock away in their fridges/freezers, but only after they’ve checked it all off, and they won’t have time to do that straight away so you’ll be stood about like a lemon watching your planned finished time slip away.

It’s good teeth cutting ground for noobs but unless you are ULTRA fit and are a gym type person, you will HATE it after a few days. Stupid 2-3am start times as well…

Good luck. :grimacing: :grimacing:

Oh and have fun getting to your frozen cages when you’ve got 4 full rows of chilled cages blocking them in. :grimacing: :grimacing: And have fun juggling the empty cages too. :grimacing: :grimacing:

thanks rob, going to go up in shirt and trousers i think. Im expecting it to be hard and it will be invaluable experience. It cant be harder than trying to get 32 new recruits to march in step with each other lol.

Ill let you know what they say