Sounds like they are after 3 drivers, possibly on nights. But being a newbie im going to be somewhat disadvantaged i think.

For pity’s sake, give over with the negativity!! You’ve got a sniff of some work - we should all be behind you and supporting you but it seems that the negative attitude that is too common on this forum has finally got to you!
You go for it. (That doesn’t mean "turn up and see what it’s about) it means – GO FOR IT!
If you don’t think you are up to it that will show straight away. Be positive, be prepared for some hard graft (3663 has always been a tough one) and this could be the first step on the ladder to what you really want.
I hope to hear good news very soon.
All the very best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Point taken and go for it i will.
:smiley:

Good man :laughing: :laughing:

But if you can work for 3663 you can then cut it anywhere can be a bit like the fruit market

I would always turn up smart not in a shirt & tie for me though :laughing: but defo in a suite

Peter Smythe:
For pity’s sake, give over with the negativity!! You’ve got a sniff of some work - we should all be behind you and supporting you but it seems that the negative attitude that is too common on this forum has finally got to you!

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Clearly a comment from someone that has never done 3663. Stick to your L plates eh and do us all a favour. :unamused:

do us all a favour. :unamused:

True, never done 3663 - - done plenty of similar though.

And yes, I’ll stick to the L plates and continue to do you all a favour whenever I can.

Good luck to all :laughing: :laughing:

natsdad:
Shirt and trousers it is then. :slight_smile:

You’ll not need shirt and trousers when you start the actual job mate!

It will be shorts, athletic vest, and a sport’s towel to wipe the sweat from your furrowed brow! :laughing:

The money’s good though! But by [zb] you’ll work for it…

All the best.

Thanks for all the advice, ive got nothing to lose…well maybe a couple of stone by the sounds of it :smiley:

Ill keep you posted

Hi Natsdad

Ive driven for dbc on retail shop work and yes is hard graft i have lost 9lbs in a month doing it , the way you have to look at it is just do what you can im 5`4 and not that strong and i can do it so a fit strong man will have no probs personaly i dont like doing it purely beacause i get panicky when cant find a place or cant find a place to unload near the delivery if it takes me a long time to unload so be it i much prefer to do trunk runs where one drop to a depot and i know where im going etc but I only passed in April this year and realise that you have to do these jobs to get experience and if i can do it anyone can so dont worry about all the negativity yes it will be hard work and its the best workout without going to a gym so just remember people pay good money for the gym and your gonna get paid to get your excercise just take it steady when i told my agency that i was worried i was taking too long to do a days work they said to me that the company would rather pay a couple more hours in work time than a heafty bill on insurance when you have had an accident and guess what the comp ask for me by name now and i think its not beacause im a brilliant driver or owt just that i take pride in what i do and care about how i do it so all the best your gonna fly thru the interview and you will be back here telling us u got a job and i will try an be first with the fireworks for you :smiley:

all the best good luck

Jennie x

Thanks Jennie, much appreciated

Paul

Natsdad,a few years back i did some similar type work to 3663 ( Costcutters ) long hours,hard graft etc:
I just got it in my head that i was being paid while " working out " dropped a fair bit of weight,which as i was a fat git,i needed to do. :smiley:
It worked for me and i saved up quite a few quid.
Go in for the interview and ask them straight away,when can i start ? :wink:

Thanks James thats a good way of thinking.

Im off up there now to se what theyve got to say

Paul

Interview complete and hopefully i think it went ok.
Have got to go back up tomorrow for a test drive, so am looking forward to that. Both nice blokes and admitted it was hard work, but im not afrais of it and to be honest would relish the challenge.

Paul

Well done Paul,
Atleast you know the score before you start so might be better than you think! :smiley:

natsdad:
Interview complete and hopefully i think it went ok.
Have got to go back up tomorrow for a test drive, so am looking forward to that. Both nice blokes and admitted it was hard work, but im not afraid of it and to be honest would relish the challenge.

Paul

Let’s see if you’re still saying that after your first week. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Glad it seemed to be ok today and all the best for the test drive tomorrow.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you very much guys, ill let you know how my test drive goes. Apparently their Scanias have tiptronic gearboxes

hi again,

any tips for the assesment drive. Should i drive like im on my test again.

paul

Because it’s a large hopefully professional, I would suggest you at least stick to the speed limit. They have a good image to uphold.